What was the last CD you bought

Cheers John, at that price I’ll give them a whirl :+1:.

1 Like

……arrived in the late afternoon mail

Patricia Barber - Modern Cool

Patricia Barber (piano, vocal, table knives on strings), Michael Arnopol (bass), John McLean (guitar), Mark Walker (drums, percussion, prepared drum kit), Dave Douglas (trumpet), Jeff Stitely (udu) and Choral Thunder Vocal Choir.

4 Likes

Arrived in the mail this morning.

4 Likes

Norah Jones - Come Away With Me

From Poundland(!) of all places, for, well, £1.00.

11 Likes

I know its brilliant that you can walk in a shop and get a cd for £1…and thats a good album.

Eva Cassidy - Imagine

Another from Poundland. Also, not surprisingly, £1.00.

4 Likes

Lauren Hill - The Miseducation of…

My last from Poundland yesterday. It seems to be a good source of common pop CDs, including Madonna, Goldfrapp, Robbie Williams, Take That etc. but there are other more interesting artists and titles to be found there too.

2 Likes

There are some excellent bargain price albums in the store, even cheaper than going to Music Magpie direct, who supply the refurbed/2nd hand CD’s to Poundland.

jpeg
Durutti Column Obey The Time, 2019 Factory Benelux 3cd reissue

download
Holy Other Held

2 Likes

image https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51X13A4KOPL.jpg

5 Likes

image https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51TsPnwdr-L.PJautoripBadge,BottomRight,4,-40_OU11_.jpg

5 Likes

image https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B07M6RTH4P/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 Like

After a few good reviews on other threads picked this up today, great album.

JJ Cale - Stay Around

4 Likes

Ben Harper - The Will to Live

Today’s bargain purchases from Poundland. When I go in to the shop there are plenty of good cd’s, but because I haven’t gone in there to specifically buy a certain cd and the cd’s in the shop are older, I can’t remember if I already have the cd or not, this is compounded by Roon mixing in Tidal with my rips, making me completely unsure of ownership. Of course when I get home I can’t check because I have forgotten what they had in the shop, the joys of getting older :wink:

2 Likes

Catching up on old vinyl versions plus a recommended cd.

6 Likes

“25” by Archive. A best-of compilation celebrating 25 years together including some new tracks. So little love for this band in the UK, probably because they do not fit into any one category, only one called “brilliant”.

2 Likes

BMW serie 3 coupe

2 Likes

Londinium, excellent album

3 Likes

I keep an ongoing spreadsheet of my entire record collection on a PC at home. This is actually an MS Excel workbook with several sheets covering various genres. It also includes format and other details. This is primarily for insurance purposes. However, I also copy this to my iPhone, so that if I’m unsure whether I’ve already got an album in my collection I can check wherever I am, so long as I have my phone with me, of course. I do not think I’ve unwittingly bought a repeat so far. In Poundland, of course, it wouldn’t be such an issue.