What was the last CD you bought

Art Pepper - Complete live at Ronnie Scott 1980

4 Likes

New arrivals…

14307337357951.jpg

Stephan Micus - Snow

Stephan Micus (Doussn’ Gouni, Duduk, Maung, Gongs, Tibetan Cymbals, Bavarian Zither, Sinding, Steel-String Guitar, Hammered Dulcimer, Charango, Nay, Bass Duduk, Voice).

Stephan Micus - Bold As Light

Stephan Micus (Raj Nplaim, Bass Zither, Chord Zither, Bavarian Zither, Nohkan, Sho, Voice, Kalimba, Shakuhachi, Sinding).

Nomad Songs

Stephan Micus - Nomad Songs

Stephan Micus (Ndingo, Genbri, Steel-String Guitar, Suling, Voice, Nay, Rewab, Rabab, Twelve-String Guitar, Fourteen-String Guitar, Tin Whistle, Shakuhachi).

Inland Sea

Stephan Micus - Inland Sea

Stephan Micus (Balanzikom, Nyckelharpa, Chord and Bass Zithers, Shakuhachi, Voice, Steel String Guitar, Genbri).

1 Like

Mary Coughlan & Erik Visser - Scars on the Calendar
Ordered from her website after seeing her live a few weeks ago, arrived today, signed on the back of the case, and sweetly the Jiffy bag it came in had a heart drawn on it with the same red marker she’d signed the album with.

3 Likes

5 Likes

The Orb - The Orb’s Adventures Beyond The Underworld

Not my normal listen, bought on friend’s recommendation. I have to say I rather like it! My kids will never let me live this one down. I’ve actually got the Deluxe 3 Disc version, with the John Peel sessions. Very good indeed. I’m an ambient convert!

6 Likes

These two arrived today, the self titled Animals as Leaders and Airbag - Disconnected. Not sure about some of Amazon’s packaging recently; that bubble bag is enormous and there’s no recycling triangle anywhere to be found but that’s a topic for elsewhere on the forum

3 Likes

Graham Parker - Squeezing Out Sparks 40th Anniversary acoustic. One of the great pub rock albums, revisited by the singer/writer 40 years on, I saw him last year and it was one of my gigs of the year, really looking forward to this.

6 Likes

Dexter Gordon - Espace Cardin 1977

4 Likes

András Schiff, Schubert, Sonatas and Impromtus.

Second in ECM’s Schiff and Schubert series. Another smartly presented card digipack, so much better than the standard boring ECM package of jewel case inside a card sleeve.
Likely to be one of the classical albums of the year.

6 Likes

…arrive on my door step

White Night

Stephan Micus - White Night

Stephan Micus (Guitars, Duduk and Bass Duduk, Cymbals, Kalimba, Sinding, Dondon, Voice, Cane Whistles, Nay).

Gone to Earth

David Sylvian - Gone To Earth

Rain Tree Crow

Rain Tree Crow

7 Likes

Just got back from a day out with the wife at Badminton Horse Trials and the postman had delivered this whilst out…

8 Likes

… arrived in this afternoon’s mail.

Secrets of the Beehive

David Sylvian - Secrets Of The Beehive

10 Likes

Hope you told them it was a mistake :slight_smile:

1 Like

……arrived in the afternoon mail

David Sylvian - Dead Bees On A Cake

David Sylvian (vocals, guitars, keyboards, bass, drum programming, samples, string arrangements), Ryuichi Sakamoto (Fender Rhodes, orchestrations and string arrangements, brass arrangements, sampled guitar, bansuri, insects), Tommy Barbarella (Fender Rhodes), Marc Ribot (electric guitar, acoustic guitar, slide guitar), Bill Frisell (dobro, acoustic guitar), Kenny Wheeler (flugelhorn), Lawrence Feldman (flute), Deepak Ram (bansuri), John Giblin (bass), Chris Minh Doky (double bass), Steve Jansen (percussion, loops, cymbals) Ged Lynch (drums), Skoota Warner (drums), Talvin Singh (tabla, percussion), Steve Tibbetts (gong), Ingrid Chavez (vocals) and Shree Maa (vocals)

6 Likes

Not listened to it yet but I expect great things.
She is a rare talent, technically very capable and her ‘feel’ is improving all the time.

4 Likes

Just arrived, another disc to add to my prog collection :grin:TesseracT - Altered State

4 Likes

arrived with the afternoon mail ……

David Sylvian - Alchemy An Index of Possibilities

David Sylvian (Keyboards, guitars, synthesisers, tapes, digital percussion), Steve Jansen (Drums, percussion, additional keyboards), Jon Hassell (Trumpet), Holger Czukay (Radio, dictaphone), Percy Jones (Fretless bass), John Taylor (Piano), Ryuichi Sakamoto (Piano, strings), Steve Jansen (Percussion), Kenny Wheeler (Flugelhorn), Robert Fripp (Guitar), and Masami Tsuchiya (“Guitar abstractions”).

7 Likes

Bought Yesterday from £land, bargain

9 Likes

You were robbed :grinning:, seriously though, nice haul , I don’t have the Grandaddy one though,

1 Like

Grandaddy are worth a listen, here’s a bit about the band