What was the last CD you bought

No John, it is the same one – I gave the previous copy I had to someone. Thought I ought to buy it again…

1 Like

That’s a shame I was hoping it was a volume 2. Thanks again for the recommendation, it’s certainly one to keep this time.

I really dig Magic Sam. I really like his Live at the Avant Garde disc.

1 Like

Fab stuff and a great recording to boot.

5 Likes

Beth Hart - A Tribute To Led Zeppelin
Beth working her magic on 9 great Zep tunes. Preordered for release 25th Feb 2022

Good Times, Bad Times is available to stream now.

9 Likes

12 Likes

So nice after a tough day at work to unpack some discs and enjoying a huge cup of strong coffee:

• Joo Kraus - Public Jazz Lounge
  • Monolink - Amniotic
  • The Rolling Stones - It’s Only Rock 'N Roll

(I am very glad that I got the Job Kraus. Missed this album a lot as it disappeared from my library when I switched from Tidal to Qobuz this spring.)

Your version has much nicer packaging than mine :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’d say I prefer this to the Unplugged album as it feels more intimate. I certainly highlights his light touch on the guitar. Eric’s guitar is a little more audible and the “feel” , especially with the change in some of the vocal inflections just appears to be right. (For me). Really enjoying it when I didn’t in all honesty expect to be impressed.

2 Likes

Since my original post I have listened to the album all the way through 4 times. It has made me more inclined to agree with your opinion. This is as good, & probably better than ‘Unplugged’.

Totally agree with the rest of your comments.

His best album for a number of years. A great musician, at the top of his game, belying many of his 76 years!

1 Like

Moloko Catalogue / Promo CD

molokocataloguecd

3 Likes

Andrew Duhon - False River

Andrew is a new artist to me and I am loving his music.

2 Likes

14 Likes

Apparently… on the Naim label… :thinking:

8 Likes

@IanRobertM You are correct!

Thea Gilmore The Lipstick Conspiracies, released in 2000, catalogue number naimcd046

1 Like

New Portico Quartet which arrived from Gowanda over the weekend

5 Likes

k2juovf8embcreis2o2a_compact_cropped.jpg
jynkze4ra4vtgylbula5_compact_cropped.jpg
meuenjsgwcqasj3jcihr_compact_cropped.jpg
z0hwqnx4rm4pvxwuuhxd_compact_cropped.jpg

4 Likes

Great CD!

2 Likes

Moloko Catalogue / 2006 Echo / UK Promo CD / ECHCDPR70

Featuring the wonderful Róisín Murphy of course!

4 Likes

Bought primarily for the 20 minute jam of Neil Young’s “Cortez the Killer”.

Some nice “Young-esque” guitar improvisation, but runs out of ideas around the 15 minute mark.

OTOH it was only four & half quid (inc postage),…………

2 Likes