What was the last CD you bought

Kings of Convenience Peace Or Love / CD

One of today’s purchases at HMV.

2 Likes

After many years, again, Fear of the dark.
Definitly SQ its not same like Tidal.

2 Likes

A couple of much needed 13th Floor Elevators from eBay.

2 Likes

Thank you for this. I never heard her. Terrific!!

Isn’t she just, and looks as good as she sounds!

A tiny bit of an EC fan for the past 54 years.

Basically ‘Unplugged’ revisited. Mainly stuff he has recorded before (several times) but stripped down due to Covid restrictions, with just 4 musicians & most noticeably lacking a rhythm guitar. This means Eric’s guitar is fairly ‘basic’ on many of the tracks & puts more emphasis on his vocals. Fortunately, his voice is in great form for for an artist in their 40’s, let alone 76!

Appears to me that there are a couple of fillers in the package. I kept waiting for the self penned ‘Kerry’ to get through the introduction & reach the melody section. However there are excellent versions of some of his old standards such as ‘Tears in Heaven’, ‘River of Tears’ & ‘Layla’. A simple changed of vocal inflection on a few of the phrases is enough to grab the attention on material you thought you knew inside out.

I have always felt that one of Clapton’s strengths is the ability to take some unremarkable material & arrange it in way that sounds simple but is still captivating, Unplugged being a prime example. I still don’t find the original versions of the Blues numbers featured that interesting, but Eric’s arrangements & presentation of them obviously appealed to millions & resulted in one of his finest albums.

‘Lady in the Balcony’ is not up there with ‘Unplugged’ but is, nevertheless, a fine album for a wet Sunday afternoon or late evening spin.

8 Likes

Bell Bottom Blues is rather special I thought.

Would like to have seen Old Love in there in place of one of the blues standards, but hey ho.

Agree with you, the slight change of vocal inflection from previous versions does it for me.

Joe Pass Virtuoso

6 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes

Byron Wallen - Portrait.

Art Blakey A night At Birdland Vol 1

5 Likes

The Dead Sunshine Daydream Ltd Edition CD box.
Thanks to @Debs for the reminder!

4 Likes

Bought (wait for it) not from a supermarket, pound shop, on line retailer , e-bay etc but from a real cd and vinyl store

13 Likes

I’ve been on a bit of a blues buying binge today, starting with this…

2 Likes

Then these two sets…

1 Like

Purchased the Sinatra At The Sands CD a couple of months ago for my Dad and it sounds absolutely fabulous - both the performance and the audio quality are excellent, enjoy!

3 Likes

And finally this 16-album, 8-CD box

4 Likes

Is this the same album you bought in Sept 2020 which I bought on your recommendation, a real worthwhile purchase or is it a volume 2? Hopefully the latter.