What was the last CD you bought

John McLaughlin - ‘The Montreux Years’ (2022). Remastered live recordings made at the Festival from 1984 - 2016. Out today. The LP version also includes the track ‘Friendship’ from a 1978 concert by John with his ‘One Truth Band’.

4 Likes

Interestingly the track Friendship is also included in the 24 Bit version available on Qobuz today. I hadn’t realised this was omitted on the CD, but you’re right.

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Not sure why it was left off the CD?

The duration quoted on Qobuz for the full album is 1:22:34, which is too much for one CD, so I guess the objective was to limit it to just one disc, which would probably sell better. Besides, the real completists would already have purchased the 17 disc set.

1 Like

Ah thanks, yes indeed, that all makes sense. I had heard of the 17 disc set way back but had forgotten about it until today.

Katie Melua .Album No 8

7 Likes

Grieg - ‘Songs’, Anne Sofie Von Otter (1993). Charity shop today.

6 Likes

Mark Knopfler - ‘Cal’ (1984). The second film score by Mark Knopfler following ‘Local Hero’. I had not heard of this one before. Picked it up on CD today at the Exeter Record Fair.

2 Likes

download (1)
download

I never liked “Lido Shuffle” when it came out, but this is a very decent album by Box Scaggs

10 Likes

John Illsley - ‘Glass’ (1988). Continuing the Dire Straits theme, this is the second solo album by John Illsley. I had not heard of this either, but again picked it up on CD from the Exeter Record Fair today.

3 Likes

Cécil Ousset, City of Birmingham Symphony Orchestra / Simon Rattle: Ravel Piano Concerti 1 & 2 & Le Tombeau De Couperin

6 Likes

5 Likes

Today’s Poundland bargains

2 Likes

John McLaughlin *Where Fortune Smiles *

A McLaughlin album I don’t think I have, at least on CD. And…my first SMH-CD.

Listening to it now, it is familiar so I’ve either got or had a copy on vinyl at some point.

1 Like

Chopin - ‘Nocturnes’, Daniel Barenboim (1982). A single CD selection of Chopin’s Nocturnes. Purchased from charity shop yesterday.

9 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

What an album Inmynaim - a favourite of mine

David Gilmour, Rattle That Rock

1 Like

2 Likes