What was the last CD you bought

The Dave Brubeck Quartet - ‘Original Album Classics’ (2010). Bought today at the ‘the dog inclining his ear to the gramophone’ record shop in Exeter. I already have two of the albums here ‘Time Out’ and ‘Time Changes’ but haven’t heard the others or seen them as single CDs. So will give this a try. I do like the mini sleeves with these sets. I have a few others too.

10 Likes

Mahler - ‘Symphony No. 1’, Chicago Symphony Orchestra cond. Sir Georg Solti (1984). Bought from charity shop today. I also have the 4th. Symphony in this series by Solti. I like 1980s Decca classical recordings on CD.

6 Likes

I love Boz Scaggs, though agree that most of his work is nothing like Lido Shuffle. The song High Sierra is in my all time top 5.

2 Likes

He has never come up on my radar (because of Lido Shuffle probably).

I may see what else he has to offer via Spotify

Another addition to my SACD collection…

14 Likes

The Flower Kings - By Royal Decree

3 Likes

Thomas Quasthoff: Bach Cantatas

2 Likes

Good band and good album @dav301

1 Like

Bach - ‘Stokowski’s Symphonic Bach’, BBC Philharmonic cond. Matthias Bamert (1993). Lovely recording of a selection of transcriptions of Bach for the modern orchestra by Leopold Stokowski. Bought in a charity shop yesterday. There is a volume 2 which I will look out for. Very restful and refined baroque music in a romantic setting.

3 Likes

I enjoy watching studio ghibli movies. Decided to buy the cd…

1 Like

5 Likes

A couple from Mary Chapin Carpenter Ashes and Roses and The Age Of Miracles

5 Likes

Latest purchases.
Looking forward to this lot, although if my wife realises how many Sibelius symphony sets I own…gulp.

Listening to Lulu right now…hard to understand how divisive this album appears to be on the Hoffman boards.

Can’t wait to get to the Laurie Anderson - a live album I’ve not heard. Love her.

3 Likes

I wonder which version of Kyung Wha Chung’s Tchaikovsky violin concerto is included in that set? I have two versions by her, but I consider the version she recorded with the Montreal SO under Charles Dutoit to be the finest version I’ve ever heard.

Hadn’t listened to any of these before Wednesday. Fell in love with them almost immediately.

2 Likes

It’s the LSO/Previn.
I’ll keep a lookout for the Dutoit one.

Yes, that’s the other one I have. The Montreal / Dutoit is the business IMHO.

Amos Lee - Dreamland

7 Likes

Talking Heads, Speaking in Tongues (2005 CD/DVD-A version)

Currently listening to the 96kHz/24-bit 5.1 version on the DVD. It’s absolutely fabulous!

Mark

12 Likes

A nice 6 x cd box set

13 Likes