What was the last CD you bought

Following @Steve_S. Thank you.

41hkogU50aL.SY580

7 Likes

5 Likes

Mahler 9 / BPO / Bernstein

It was one which was briefly played during the most recent review of a (small) number of the many available versions on Record Review on BBC Radio 3 last Saturday. Although it was dismissed by the reviewer, I heard a freshness about it (at least in the two minutes or so of the second movement), which I’d like to investigate further. I cannot find this version on Qobuz.

4 Likes

More stuff to rip……

Thanks and mentions go to @IanRobertM , @c2photo & @steviebee

3 Likes

I second the Kate!

Ayreon… not my cuppa tea. But, enjoy!

No the Ayreon is from @IanRobertM

1 Like

That’s a lot of Ayreon!
Are you (so to speak) going at them chronologically?

@steviebee - Yes, Ayreon is my fault - and happily so… :crazy_face:

1 Like

All £1 each from the *Mind *shop in Rochester High Street. Worth a bash, and for a good cause, I hope.

5 Likes

Funny looking CD there Steve…

Oh…blx! Done it again…dizzy dizzy…

I’ll delete and repost. Cheers, Kev.

1 Like

As far as I know that’s the lot apart from the final experiment & actual fantasy - which came yesterday - and the latest which now should be tomorrow and one live album which I wasn’t going to pay the fifty something quid that was being asked!

I don’t do things by halves!

Found by experience best to get whilst one can - in the past I’ve done dribs and drabs with bands and got to the last one or two albums then not able to get or they’ve shot up to silly money!

As an example I can’t find Erdling - The Daemon for less than £45 - Blutengel (German band) I’m missing 2 of their albums - yes I can play via tidal but I like to have it in MY collection!

And I’ve now found Electric Circus Live - orders in - happy days

:rofl:

1 Like

The first batch of the new Candid reissues, done by Bernie Grundman. These will also available on vinyl LP…

12 Likes

This is still sitting, patiently, on my Discogs Want List… :expressionless:

1 Like

Helen Watson, Blue Slipper, bought used to replace my lost version. Lovely soulful album by an excellent singer

3 Likes

As promised….arrived yesterday and it’s great.

10 Likes

The Pretenders, The Isle of View, Live Unplugged

2 Likes

Stephen Bishop Kovacevich, LSO cond. Sir Colin Davis - ‘Beethoven, Piano Concerto No. 5 (Emperor)’ (1997). Bought at a charity shop recently. This is a Philips CD reissue of a 1969 archive recording of the ‘Emperor’ coupled with a 1978 recording of the Piano Sonata Op. 109.

2 Likes

Got this yesterday – The Rock Box 1973–79, a seven-CD, one-DVD set of Suzi’s imperial phase on RAK. AND the booklet is signed by Rock’s First Lady of Leather herself!

10 Likes

Can I ask where you got it from as Amazon has sold out.