What was the last CD you bought

John, they still have it on The River for 40 smackers - a good price.

1 Like

That’s the one I ordered this morning but it’s on a 1 to 2 month dispatch. Hopefully they will restock even if it is unsigned. It’s good to see she is still so popular. Thanks and enjoy the Q :blush:

1 Like

Ambrose and his Orchestra. 50p at a NT house! One of my first bosses, Ted Rundle was a guitarist in Ambrose’ band. He also played with George Shearing. He was married to Mantovani’s sister. I had just done my first budget for a new start up company and he called me in. He tore the budget into shreds and then said that was all! So bought the CD for those memories.

1 Like

2 Likes

Bought in HMV Leeds this afternoon.

1 Like

I was in HMV too: and found these on the sale:

1 Like

Ah yes, wish I’d picked up the Dreadzone, too.

Both from Oxfam Shop today.

1 Like

Binged a little bit, in today’s mail.
Yumi Zouma – Present Tense

Jenny Hval – Classic Objects

4 Likes

Thanks to @Zos93 for the recommendations…this showed up yesterday……

7 Likes

Nice triple CD set on él Records, comprising ALL the Evans/La Faro/Motian stuff.

9 Likes

Also got this from HMV: The Deutsche grammophon recordings seem to be very well recorded.

Looking forward to listening in detail - I have another recording of the main track so will be
nice to compare.
Some of the other tracks sound interesting - one written for organ melted parts of the first organ it was played on, also turning off the organ motor and using a vacuum cleaner instead…

4 Likes

Joel Ross, The Parable Of The Poet. From Blue Note.

3 Likes

Pre-ordered at this side, thank you for the suggestion.

1 Like

Taj Mahal & Ry Cooder | Get On Board
On pre-order for delivery tomorrow on its release day.

10 Likes

1 Like

Buying way too many cds

5 Likes

Oh no there’s more

7 Likes

Thank you for the suggestion, I also pre-ordered.

Excellent purchase, the much underrated Dream Syndicate, touring soon and playing London.