What was the last CD you bought

2 Likes

Detroit Symphony Orchestra Cond. Neeme Jarvi - ‘Chadwick and Barber’ (1993). Charity shop today. New works for me although I enjoy the works by Samuel Barber that I know, the violin and piano concertos and some of the solo piano music. Looking forward to this one!

4 Likes

I seem to be slowly building up a collection of Black Sabbath Deluxe editions.

11 Likes

My bargain antennae twitched when I saw the Lana del Rey CD in HMV at a reasonable price.

Kendra Morris popped up on a Spotify-curated playlist that popped up on my feed. I sourced this copy via Discogs. Her other material is, unfortunately, prohibitively expensive in the UK for my wallet.

2 Likes

s-l500

3 Likes

I too just got the 20th Anniversary 3CD set of Come Away With Me. Having just got the SACD s/h I don’t feel in need of a new RBCD version, though I might give it a listen to see how different it sounds.

The extra two discs of early works, demos etc. are fascinating - I enjoyed disc 2 in the car this morning and am fascinated to see what disc 3 holds. How bad could it be that Blue Note declined to release an entire album they’d paid for the recording of?!

Mark

3 Likes

The talented British pianist’s latest album.

2 Likes

Checked the Amazon review, and the first review said too religious :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed: :flushed:

You do wonder about …

2 Likes

Tom Petty Wildflowers

11 Likes

Oops just noticed I’ve posted that it the wrong thread. :flushed:

25 cd haul. Not bad for £12, especially as I hadn’t got 22 of them already.

From my local 2nd hand cd/vinyl shop in Worthing. Not sure if I’m allowed to mention their name but others with a similar “train of thought” will know whom I’m on about.

11 Likes

Bargain!

Not my favourite PF album though…(but I got it cheap)

13 Likes

Fleetwood Mac - Rumours.

“This 35th Anniversary Edition 3CD deluxe set features the remastered version of the original album, including extra B-side track “Silver Springs”, a second disc of previously unreleased live performances compiled from the 1977 tour, together with a third disc of tracks from the recording sessions, also previously unreleased.”

For pennies from Music Magpie.

14 Likes

10 Likes

Classic recordings of French piano music by Pascal Roge from 1984 and 1990. From local charity shop last Tuesday at 3 for £1. Sounded great on my system this morning.

8 Likes

These are great recordings from back in the day. I think this 1987 recording of K488 was Horowitz last concerto recording. Unique first movement cadenza and typical Horowitz introducing some extra notes in the final bars of the first movement! He said on the DVD film of this event that he loved the sonata K333 even more than the concerto.

1 Like

Not an actual CD… but related…
In order to ‘reactivate’ my Classical side, I needed a Penguin Guide again…

s-l500 (1)

3 Likes

Just discovered after all these years….

14 Likes

And while I’m at it……

12 Likes