What was the last CD you bought

That’s my latest CD purchase. Not exactly the kind of audiophile CDs tho’.
But I enjoy his music, although it’s kinda my parent’s generation :grin:

4 Likes

2 Likes

This is the first Eno Album that I have not enjoyed, after tracks 2-3 I lost interest. Perhaps I’ll give it another try as I do generally like his music. I’ll be interested in what you think of it.

A 22 CD box-set of the complete works of Igor Stravinsky. Many of the recordings are with him conducting.

6 Likes

Herbie Hancock ‘Secrets’ (1976). This CD is filling a gap in my Herbie Hancock collection…. Looking forward to hearing this seventies version of his jazz standard ‘Cantaloupe Island’.

9 Likes

I bought the remaining two cd’s before finding out that you can buy the box set of 4 more cheaply. I have shown the concert ticket because as I was sat about 15 rows back, the lute was a bit too quiet even though Emma Kirkby was wonderful. Most people would say a live concert would be better than any recording. However, with the cd’s I am now sitting in the front row. Terrific playing by Nigel North. His liner notes are interesting. I liked the bit about the Queen’s Galliard where North speculates that the unusual and difficult key of B flat minor was Dowland expressing the difficulty he had with Queen Elizabeth. She was an accomplished lute player (her portrait is on the cover cd4). So if you close your eyes you can imagine yourself sitting directly in front of John Dowland or even Good Queen Bess herself!

5 Likes

I saw this talented young pianist give a recital at Steinway Hall last night and his manager was kind enough to give me a copy of this, his latest CD:

3 Likes

Hank Mobley Dippin’

10 Likes

Picked up these today 50p each.

4 Likes

Received this in the post today, 1999 remaster from the original master tapes by Bernie Grundman. Can’t wait to play it!

19 Likes

Steely Dan cousin dupree / 2000 Giant / Promo EU CD / 74321728082

Just arrived, 4 track CD Single with 2 non album tracks that don’t appear elsewhere.

1 Cousin Dupree (Edit) - 4:23
2 Aja (Live) - 8:40
3 Fall Of '92 (Live) - 6:09
4 Overture (Live) - 8:00

12 Likes

Not having this on cd I thought why not. Sounds great with a fine clarity and a proper stereo mix.

19 Likes

18 CD box-set of all the works composed and arranged for Piano 4-hands and 2 pianos, by Brahms.

4 Likes

A bit of a splurge, which I haven’t done for ages.

Downloaded Taylor Swift - Midnights 3am Edition and Cry Baby by Tegan & Sara, plus theseCDs

A pop bias, especially PG Roxette - Pop-up Dynamo, which to me has all the hooks of Roxette without the much missed Maria, but the female leads work well.

2 Likes

Just bought this for Pennies from Amazon with Donald Fagen’s Live “Nightfly” and recent “Steely Dan Live” on the way.

41gW+cljnkL.AC

8 Likes

Can anybody recommend a CD shop in Tokyo? And in Kyoto? And in Mito, Ibaraki?
Many thanks,
Rafael

Just go to Tower Records in both Shibuya (10 floors) and Shinjuku - amazing stores. Then there are loads of Disk Union shops too - different stores focusing on different genres. Superb CD shopping.

6 Likes

One of the many reasons I’d love to visit Japan.

1 Like

Beautiful playing indeed.

12 Likes

Both arrived just now. CD. Plus a day off at home tomorrow!! :grinning: :grinning:

northeast4000_1_
61uCcgdvNLL.AC_SX425

11 Likes