What was the last CD you bought

Just in the last few days I’ve been getting the dreaded ‘Err’ message so returned to this thread, and ‘manipulated’ the feet of the puck, and voila! it took remarkably little of that to restore normal service.

1 Like

Glad this worked, far easier than sticking things to your discs. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Finally got around to listening to a couple of recent CD buys, Fleetwood Mac 25 years 4 Disc set like new reissue, cost around £6 with delivery, loving the prices of this so called ‘dead’ format! Also finally opened my Gregory Porter 2 Disc Blue Note compilation both excellent productions, the Porter a much louder recording but still has the dynamic range, really great for testing my Rel Sub Levels. Taken me forever to finally integrate this sub with my PMC’s, just waiting to replace my PS with a 555 DR then CD nirvana is reached!

I’ve been wanting to add this wonderful album to my download collection for ages, rather than just streaming it, but Qobuz we’re charging £13.99 to download at CD quality and hi-res is not available. Amazon had the album for £6.99 including delivery.
Qobuz prices for CD quality downloads often seem disproportionately high. I would be interested to know why.

5 Likes

Lee Ritenour Rhythm Sessions / 2012 Taiyo / Japan CD + DVD / Paper Sleeve/ IEZP35

Just ordered, track samples sound great - not surprising given the musicians involved!

3 Likes

Very different from his folky stuff

12 Likes

You may already have it, but also like Glorious Fool, which is criticised for being a bit commercial, particularly with Phil Collins’ involvement and clear influence. It has some great tracks and some re-workings, including ‘Couldn’t love you more’ from One World.

2 Likes

I haven’t got it but I am aware of it and will add it to the list . Thanks!

1 Like

September, October and November.

6 Likes

Arrived today. For some reason, which I have explained a while back in the What Are You Listening To thread. I didn’t buy this when I was enjoying a Joni rediscovery after hearing Turbulent Indigo. This from the same era.

Playing now.

11 Likes

The deluxe double CD reissue also has some great stuff on it.

1 Like

Yussef Dayes is some drummer. Great production as well.

3 Likes

Expanding my Jazz collection.

R-10565026-1499995142-4309

11 Likes

Great choices !

1 Like

Thanks, It’s thanks to this forum that keeps us on the straight and narrow :grin:

HDCD/CD Elektra 1975

Bit of a departure from my recent Jazz purchases.

Whilst I was watching some Luxman CD player demos on YouTube, they were playing the track ‘Send in the Clowns’. It was so beautiful and quite haunting (imo) so I researched the artist and hey presto.

Looking forward to playing this.

Update: after ripping to WAV and playing, hmm I’m not so sure :thinking: the recording quality is not the best for Red Book imo and the song choice/cover is quite varied. I’ll not give up though, maybe a few more listens required.

3 Likes

Bought by my daughter on a NYC vacation

3 Likes

A few of the purchases for my son from his Christmas list

Yeah Yeah Yeahs Cool It Down

Red Hot Chili Peppers Unlimited Love

Parquet Courts Sympathy For Life

2 Likes

Sir Neville Marriner, The Argo Years (28 CDs)

7 Likes

Another new box - 16 CDs of Cecile Ousset with all her 1980s recordings on EMI. Arrived a couple of days ago.

On a very different note, from a local charity shop today, this from 1979. Many of the great ELO songs from the 1970s are here.

5 Likes