What was the last CD you bought

Yes I still buy CDs… usually if I want something tangible to support artists better, but not quite a “vinyl want”, if you get my drift.

So, some Redcar (formerly Christine and The Queens), some Jack Savoretti because I think he’s great and Mrs 1906 thinks he is very easy on the eye and also The Inhalers. Lead by Bono’s son,( but don’t let that put you off) a very listenable band in my view. Heard them in the store, liked it so bought the album.

2 Likes

Michael Jackson, Off the wall, for some reason my old copy has vanished. All of £3.50 off the bay at with delivery

2 Likes

To fill in a couple of gaps in my Miles Davis boxset collection……just need a cd player now :flushed::joy:

13 Likes

Gorillaz - Cracker Island. The boxed. Thoughtfully included is the CD as well as the vinyl wish all boxed sets did this!

6 Likes

In memory of the great legend Wayne Shorter, may he play in peace.

12 Likes

Very brave to record an album with the Reaper in the studio with you.
Johnny Cash of course produced those frightening fin de siecle cds.
You would probably be well advanced in years to appreciate the lyrics.

Live every day as though it is your last. One day you’re gonna be right.

6 Likes

Not really my cup of tea, but I do like New Gold, basically because of Kevin Parker’s contribution.

I’m trying to think who the 80’s/90’s rap reminds me of: I keep thinking Marxman/PM Dawn, but not quite.

4 Likes

Bought this cd recently. Many of my Amazon cd’s come from Momox which is I believe a German company. This cost £3.10 including delivery and so far all the cd’s from them have been fine.
Enjoyable recording. Classic FM’s recommended recording for what that’s worth.

7 Likes

Just ordered this on CD:

Had a low-quality rip from Yootoob for some time, so finally got around to the CD.
Didn’t realise until reading Wikiwotsit today that The Who’s brilliant “Baba O’Riley” is a homage to him.

5 Likes

It’s a wonderful piece, as is Poppy Nogood (and completely different to Rainbow).

2 Likes

Yes, I like it a lot, but don’t know Poppy at all, so looking forward to the CD. And not only did he inspire a certain Mr Townsend, but also gave the name to one of the finest progressive rock bands of all time.

1 Like

Poppy is a different kettle of fish - more ‘static’ than Rainbow, more, um, meditative; it’s an excerpt from a longer concert recording if I recall correctly - the whole thing is available on CD. Without digging out my copy, I think it’s called All Night Flight or similar.

I remember the band Curved Air…Sonia Christina?..but only vaguely - wasn’t their album one of the first picture discs? Haven’t heard them since that album.

1 Like

I love me some Jordi as well. I have his Marais recordings as well as a few others. And I’ve streamed quite a few over the years.

Recent purchases include Kuijken’s recording of Haydn’s Paris symphonies and Imelda Staunton in Gypsy, arguably the greatest Broadway musical of all time. Imelda’s version makes five for me.

3 Likes

I did not buy this but it made a very nice birthday present this morning, so I hope it still qualifies.

9 Likes

3-CD compilation of this pioneering, and often overlooked, pianist-singer who worked in both jazz and classical.

1 Like

Four-CD set of all 77 of the Duke’s US chart hits…

9 Likes

I love that Adriana Gonzaléz album, sounds so good!

Evgeny Kissin - ‘Mozart/Schumann Piano Concertos’ (2007). Oxfam Books and Music last Saturday. I think this was his debut recording on the EMI label.

4 Likes