What was the last CD you bought

I see I have this on my Core, must give it a blast. Rajaz is my go to though, and reference quality recording :sunglasses:

1 Like

Intrigued by this statement, Mike……did you not know it was there?

Well, yes, one sometimes forgets what’s been accumulated over the years…

2 Likes

Rajaz is my favourite worth a listen if not part of the five.

2 Likes

I enjoy ‘Rajaz’ particularly the ‘Three Wishes’ track but to me ‘Moonmadness’ is their iconic recording. I guess it depends on when we heard it. I first heard ‘Moonmadness’ on its release in 1976 (a schoolmate heard ‘Lunar Sea’ on the Alan Freeman show and recorded it) so it is atmospheric and nostalgic for me!

2 Likes

@Richard.Dane Imgur uploaded pics don’t show anymore??

I have never heard Rajaz and it’s unavailable on Qobuz or via Discogs, so really not sure how I would…:thinking:

Thats a shame……the Camel website is down too🥺

You will be fine buying it blind :+1:

2 Likes

…no doubt, if I could find a copy🤷🏻‍♂️

Pretty sure I got my CD from the progrock UK web store, but they don’t seem to have it now……

Now, on a slightly different subject, it appears that I have some Uli John Roth LP’s and some early Scorpion ones with him on guitar. Who would have thought….

Uli Jon Roth was the 3rd guitarist at the previously mentioned G3 gig. I don’t really know his work, as I was never really much of a Scorpions fan, but that Sky guitar he created and plays is really quite something. He’s an amazing guitarist, but I was rather “Star Struck”, as Joe and John Petrucci are both heroes of mine, especially John considering I’m a HUGE Dream Theater fan😊

2 Likes

I’ve just tried a test and it says the web server is sending an error (429), so likely an issue at Imgur’s end. Oddly though I can enter the direct address into the browser and it shows the image. just fine…

Plenty on eBay, and you wont be disappointed.

1 Like

I’m always a little cautious of buying music on eBay, but I guess CD’s are harder to ruin than Vinyl and I can buy and play CD’s now🤔

Also look out for “A Nod and a Wink….” , which is another great album.

4 Likes

The cheapest one on ebay is from musicmagpie……they are OK.

1 Like

Agreed, I’ve bought lots from MM.