What was the last CD you bought

That’s the one I just bought😊

3 Likes

So having had the very welcome “Camel Fest” :grin:, Amazon have informed me that this is on the way:

5 Likes

You two should check out the new Cyan albumn “King and Country” - you can listen to it on Bandcamp and there are two YouTube promos. Peter Jones of Camel on vocals.

1 Like

Have I mentioned my Yes vinyl collection……

3 Likes

Okay thank you, I’ll try again later.

Yes indeed. I think this is still their ‘latest’ studio album of completely new naterial (released in 2002). On the subject of later Camel, I would also recommend the concept albums ‘Dust and Dreams’ (1991) and ‘Harbour of Tears’ (1996) and also the reworked ‘Snow Goose’ (2013), a reworking of their classic album from 1975.

In fact, lets cut to the chase and just say to QuickSticks, “Pick any of these” :laughing: :laughing:

And then there’s my “vinyls”…(including Pete Bardens, who was Camel’s original keyboard player)

6 Likes

How much of it is on Qobuz I wonder.
So much music, so little time😔

1 Like

Quite a collection….i must do better😉

Don’t spend too much time on Camel when you could be listening to Caravan (next on the right in @suzywong’s cd collection)!

1 Like

I played this the other day on Qobuz and knew instantly that I had to get a copy for my collection. Playing it now I’m wondering if I really ought to get the full eight hour version.

5 Likes

Well spotted, Yes I’ve got a couple of Caravan: ‘Girls Who Grow Plump’, ‘If I could do it again’, and of course ‘Grey & Pink’! And the link between the two bands is Richard Sinclair!

2 Likes

This is a superb recording. IMHO. I have been through several recordings as I came to opera late and this and the De Los Angeles/Serafin are my favourite.

@James_C

It’s obviously a live stage recording, footsteps and stage noises etc…very enjoyable for my first Verdi - looking forward to playing the DVD disc. Pretty much only listened to Puccini up to now, with some Boris Godunov years ago, which I remember liking - I’m still a serious opera newbie myself.

I have the eight hour version, but belief it’s too much given the character of the music…

You might have just saved me some money, Bert.

Still the same 429 error code…

Klaus Schulze. Cyborg. Stunning

4 Likes

Just arrived today. First listen ever later…:blush:

…I hope it’s as good as the hype it’s received from many Camel fans on this forum :crossed_fingers:t3: :wink:

8 Likes

Oops we’re in trouble now.

Head for the hills, boys. Just in case Quick doesn’t like it…

3 Likes