What was the last CD you bought

Camel - Rajaz
Second attempt to get a playable copy of this CD.
It’s playing now and sounding good so far…:crossed_fingers:t3:

5 Likes

On CD:-

51jxWfb5PBL._AC_1

The Smiths - The World Won’t Listen

6 Likes

Gwen Guthrie?

4 Likes

10/10 for stamina….hope you like it

You are right to query this and the cover clearly has no reference to Gwen Guthrie.
I was testing out the accuracy of the A.I. when using Google’s Bard. It is apparent that the information garnered from such technology cannot be trusted.

New grandad syndrome

3 Likes

Wifey is away in Londinium on duty as cat sitter and “Mum’s airport taxi service”, so instead of “doing useful things around the house**, I spent too much of the day on hifi forums, especially here on a particular thread about live albums. I suppose it was inevitable that my finger slipped - not once, but twice…….

**in my defence, I did set the Roomba off vacuuming the downstairs :grin:

10 Likes

Dizzy Gillespie at Newport. Dizzy and his big band having fun (1957).

6 Likes

Last cd I bought is this Japanese edition of Gary Moore’s Still got the Blues. It was playing in my local record shop and whilst I was actually there to browse some vinyl,I bought it as an extra.

And then I managed to win a cd last week by solving a riddle posed by an early morning Dutch classical music radio show. Beautifully played by the Chiaroscuro Quartet, a couple of Haydn string quartets:

9 Likes

Great album.

1 Like

Been posted before by someone I am sure - but the “new” U2 album - rerecording some of the classics sounds incredible on my CD player! Was not going to risk £100 on the vinyl - it has renewed my CD listening.

1 Like

41iXceU621L._AC_1

Mahler Symphonies 1 & 2 - Sir Georg Solti - London Symphony Orchestra & Chorus

7 Likes

Everything But The Girl Fuse

10 Likes

STR4TA STR4TASFEAR

1 Like

1 Like

Having read Phill Brown’s Sound Engineer’s book ‘Are we still Rolling’ I bought John Martyn’s One World and Talk Talk’s Spirt of Eden. Both of these CD’s sound absolutely fantastic to my ears.

5 Likes

What took you so long with Talk Talk?

The Colour of Spring and Laughing Stock are also excellent.

4 Likes

Yes, I have since also purchased these titles, for some reason only ever heard hits form the original two albums which are very different in comparison

Mark Hollis also released a self titled solo album in '98 that’s worth a listen for the dedicated. When looking up the release date I just saw that he died in 2019, thereby dashing my feint hope that he might release something else some day.

:+1: