What was the last CD you bought

It’s very good and Mrs QS & I are really enjoying it. I’m afraid it’s not supplanted Snow Goose as my favourite however😊

Funny thing music isn’t it; Snow Goose vies with Dust and Dreams as my least favourite, and of course SG is generally acknowledged to be “one of the great prog rock albums”.

Have you got A Nod and a Wink?

2 Likes

No, my Camel collection consists of the following:

On LP-
•THE SNOW GOOSE
•RAIN DANCES
•I CAN SEE YOUR HOUSE FROM HERE

On CD-
•MIRAGE
•MOONMADNESS
•RAJAZ

Lots more to collect yet, but I’ll get there😁

4 Likes

See post #3927, and start from the left :grin: :grin:

Seen them live at the Apollo in Glasgow doing the “ I can see your house from here tour. :+1:t2:
How long ago. :scream:

This CD is ‘Skipping’, BADLY!:angry:
I wonder if I can get a vinyl copy, as the CD is going back!:thinking:

That’s not good. Is this on an elderly Naim CDP?

Nope, on my PS1 SCHP 1002.
Not had any problems with other CD’s.
Just ordered another copy, from Discogs this time and started the returns process on eBay.

Totally forgot I ordered this and it was delivered over a week ago.

Can’t remember who recommended it, but it’s playing now. Disc 1, Symphonies 1 & 3 “Eroica” and sounding absolutely gorgeous😊

2 Likes

A really nice gold disc version of Led Zep 4 in a Sidore mastered form. Quieter but way less compressed. Found it in a collection being traded in by someone to free up space, I guess. Great album and sounds as nice as a Led Zep recording of this era can imo.

16 Likes

I haven’t found a copy of this on CD or Vinyl that I like. Never tried it on Qobuz, but I’m not able to get any enjoyment from Zeppelin these days…:man_shrugging:t2:
Closest I’ve come lately, is Beth Hart’s tribute. Many of the songs on there are excellent, but not all.

1 Like

You won’t have much luck on Quo buzz as they’re all post 1990 remasters and heavily compressed and brick walled. I like streaming services but this example highlights one of their failings, the choice of one poor remaster v another. That last statement by no means applies to all remasters though.

Got my return authorisation from Music Magpie for the “Skipping” Camel - Rajaz.
New one from Discogs should be with me by Wednesday. Let’s hope that one plays better…:crossed_fingers:t3:

1 Like

41WhtiN1iaL.AC

See if you can track down a Japanese SHM CD remastered copy of Zep 4, which was part of the above boxset.

The albums are available individually, though Zep 4 seems hard to get hold of, for some reason.

You need to be cautious in sourcing these though, as there are tons of dodgy rip off copies doing the rounds, but they remain a firm forum favourite as probably the best sounding Zep out there.

I found Beth’s album to be a bit shouty, and can recommend this one instead.

Almost acoustic, but she captures the Planty vibe in a nicely understated way.

Vanessa Fernandez - When The Levee Breaks.

I Know, I know, I’ve been posting this one incessantly since I first heard it, but I intend to beat you all into submission until such time as a few folks here pass favourable comments.

It’s on Tidal, so what are you waiting for? :roll_eyes: :joy:

2 Likes

Are the recent remasters heavily compressed? Can’t say I have noticed on Qobuz

Thank you Dave, but I don’t think I’ll be investing anymore money in Zep media. I have multiple copies already on both vinyl & CD that I just don’t play anymore. I’ve really lost the passion for LZ in the last few years…:man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of this Italian pianist, so I’m looking forward to this, his new album:

1 Like

There are no copies of pre 1990 releases on Qobuz. Personally I have found the Diament/Sidore masters of the 1980’s more to my taste. I guess you need to have cd copies of several versions and compare them to see what I mean.

Cheers Dave. I had spotted that in the now playing thread a few times, but didn’t realise who or what it was. I’ve added it to my Qobuz favourites list to play later in the week.

Only three tracks - track 2 is a skipper imo, but tracks 1 and 3 offer extended funky, jazzy jams worth checking out.

1 Like