What was the last CD you bought

There’s plenty of the Corrs, Girls Aloud etc. but normally only one or two of the good cd’s. I use two stores one in East Grinstead which has 3 shelves and the other in Crawley which has 7 shelves, new stock seems to go out weekly and they both get a share of very good Cd’s. I go through every single CD on there shelves, takes a while but normally worth it. I haven’t tried any other Poundland’s so I can’t compare them.

That’s interesting, I work in East Grinstead, I’ll have to check it out… :+1:

It’s well worth a look but be prepared to search through every CD, if you can get to Crawley they have a bigger selection. It seems best to go nearer the beginning of the week, that’s when they seem to get new stock. The selection I added to the forum on Monday was from EG The selection I added on Wednesday was from Crawley.

1 Like

Thanks for the tips John, I’ll make a point of paying a visit.

Just leave me a few good CD’s :wink:

1 Like

Another lightning raid on Poundland netted me this little haul. Gotta love some new music for a Friday night :sunglasses::wine_glass:

5 Likes

ERIC DOLPHY, alto sax, bass clarinet & flute
BOOKER LITTLE trumpet
MAL WALDRON, piano
RICHARD DAVIS, bass
ED BLACKWELL, drums

Should arrive sometime today, with luck.

5 Likes

Rickie Lee Jones - Kick

Keb’ Mo’ - Oklahoma

3 Likes

Bought these 14 crackers at a local village fete yesterday, well worth 50p each.

8 Likes

I haven’t listened to Travis for such along time. Thanks for the reminder.

1 Like

Today’s buys from Poundland.

4 Likes

Today at poundland there was a complete new shelf which revealed these.

I restrained myself because last Friday at Oxfam I also got these

I was very restrained there because their pricing is doubtful, there were a couple of Lee Scratch Perry albums, one at £45 and the other £55. Nothing to suggest there were special, I saw them both in HMV later at £5.99.

4 Likes

Nice haul there catswhiskers! :+1:

At last!! Sometimes you gotta call in the cavalry to track a cd down. Used but in good condition. Definitely not a Poundland bargain this time!

2 Likes

Excellent cd, one of my favourites by Hawkwind. Secret Agent is my favourite track - bonkers lyrics. Also Garden Pests played loud, sounds like your furniture is being eaten…!

1 Like

Long July 4 weekend in San Diego and LA. Music to drink daiquiris by! This great CD is on Concord Jazz, a high quality jazz label, circa 1995, and it rocks on a Naim system. Thanks to my friend and Vinyl Valet, Tom Rothermel, for the accommodations and the recommendation. My collection of this type of music, “Concord Picante”, is spotty and Poncho does a lot to fill in.

3 Likes

Today from Poundland, that’s over 130 in a month. This is getting worrying, I think I might have to check into rehab.

3 Likes

Dam, most of those I paid full price.:flushed:

2 Likes

Had lunch in town today, and MrsT couldn’t restrain me, I had to go into that shop and I walked out with these, for a pound each.

1 Like

You must be on first name terms with the staff by now :laughing:

2 Likes