I’m on a roll here…
download (2)
Union by Boxer Rebellion

A varied wee haul from Fopp yesterday……

8 Likes

6112ZQtTyoL.SY355
Just came in the mail today.

1 Like

The Rolling Stones - Hackney Diamonds, the cd/blu-ray box set. Will save it until tomorrow when I have the house to myself.

11 Likes

Just delivered and it’s all your fault @QuickSticks ….

Might’ve overdone it with the Lana Del Rey?

11 Likes

:rofl:
If this is my legacy then I’ll take the blame every time Simon😉

2 Likes

I think there’s 4 more to collect - they are on the river but couldn’t get a specific day for delivery - just want to say thanks really enjoying their stuff
:+1:

1 Like

Always a pleasure to introduce Canada’s best musical export to a new listener.
…and yes everyone reading this,
I know all about the wonderful Canadians;
Neil Young, Joni Mitchell, Leonard Cohen et al.
It’s just, for me, Rush are the best musicians to come from Canada🤷🏻‍♂️

3 Likes

All ripped to my Core….

:+1:

5 Likes

Well that’s certainly getting there Simon👍🏼

1 Like

Rush of blood eh!

1 Like

May I suggest a specific Rush thread for the fans to indulge themselves without everybody else having to be unwillingly submerged in a conversation that holds no interest?

2 Likes

I would think if the conversation is derived from someone posting about a cds they have bought this is exactly the thread for it

4 Likes

That’s true, and I am not objecting to that. However, if there is a need for long exchanges about different versions of releases, Rush’s career generally, which is their best album, which album to listen to first and so on, that is more appropriate for a separate, focused thread.

I agree. For example there is an, admittedly, faltering thread* on The Doors for singular nuts like me. Why not one for other particular (c)ravings?

*I’m sure a Rush thread would be busier given the number of posts about them.

1 Like

Rolling Stones - Hackney Diamonds.

15 Likes

My most recent CD purchase was a mistake - ELP’s ‘Pictures At An Exhibition’. I’m very happy to have it, but I meant to order it on LP. Still, I’m due to get my CDS II back (from having a new transport mech being fitted) tomorrow, so that’s a good excuse to try it out. I have also now ordered the LP.

I remember that, very unusually at the time of its release, the LP was sold at budget price - I don’t know why that was. In any event, that lower price category certainly no longer applies today!

@steviebee @CliveB @QuickSticks

To poke my nose in and come to Quicks defence (not that he needs it) I personally like to see and read random discussion about bands, music that I might not neccesarily be a particular fan of.

Much more interesting in my view than almost endless reams of pictures of records with no comment or context (not saying thats you guys but plenty do especially on WYLT)

Often if there is a thread dedicated just to one artist I for one wont neccesarily bother to look, similar to how I might not naturally be drawn to some sections in a record shop, however comment/discussion etc in a CD, Vinyl, WYLT thread etc (prompted by a CD purchase, Vinyl, what your currently playing etc as appropriate to a particular thread) gets noticed more and some of it rubs off.

If a little bit of focused discussion doesnt interest then its easy to scroll past, as I often do when members post pics with nothing to say.

Just my (unwelcome?) Two bob.
:heart:

9 Likes