What was the last CD you bought

I’m obviously mis remembering a different band and gig, I thought it was Rush (incidentally I’m playing All The Worlds as I write)

Reminds me of a funny line from Still Crazy, where Timothy Spall’s character is reminiscing about their best gig ever at Isle Of Wight (or wherever it was cant quite remember). “We never played Isle Of Wight!” Another replies.
“What!..you mean one of my most endearing memories of life never happened!” :grin: thats me.

2 Likes

5 Likes

NOOO!
The Professor wouldn’t do anything quite so crass.
Many believe that he built his kits so big so that you couldn’t see him, just hear him😉
Not really a showman, but a hell of a drummer.

2 Likes

Yeah as By Tor pointed out, its my defective memory :+1:

2 Likes

Box set of someone called Maxell, not much on it, think I’ve been diddled!

:thinking:

4 Likes

Volume 2 lives here. :wink:

4 Likes

Looks like his Silent Symphony Series. They’re rubbish. I’d just record over them. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Wouldnt have minded so much but the bloke in the shop also recomended a Carrie O’kee hits CD, never heard of her before and it turned out to be all instrumental.
Wont be going there again!

3 Likes

Yo-yo-Ma / The Silk Road Ensemble : Traditions And Transformations - Sound Of Silk Road Chicago

3 Likes
  • Primary
    Charity shop yesterday.
4 Likes

From Missing Records in Glasgow.

10 Likes

Nice selection and should keep you going for a while. Too much music, too little time!

1 Like

Hi Dread, have you tried Train of Thought records in Worthing yet? Worth a visit for both records and cd’s.

1 Like

No, is that a new shop? new to me. I sometimes pop in to Music Mania, Diane’s a nice lady, I bought a stack of records recently in a genre I’ve never heard of, I think its called Reggie?

I also on a random drive through Steyning discovered a shop there, forget the name offhand, John told me Paul gets records there. About time Steyning had a record shop, it is after all the home of one of the greatest British turntable manufacturers.
Cheers :+1:

Edit: I just looked it up (Train Of Thought) and realised I do know it from when I worked just round the corner, then it was more of a general secondhand goods, bric a brac store with a few records. So now there doing more and better records?

About £12 for 9 CDs from world of books :slight_smile:

6 Likes

It will indeed, and the record fair comes to town on Sunday so I expect there will be another similar pile. I haven’t got through last months piles yet.

Anyone else have a pile of CDs or records they have yet to play? I’m starting to think I may have a problem, but they’re so cheap and so shiny :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

3 Likes

We had the “vinyl revival” now maybe its the “CD Revival”

1 Like

Postie just delivered new OMD album on CD and Vinyl

CD is special edition - 2 disc & signed

8 Likes

I though I’d pushed the boat out having 6 cds spread across 3 orders on their way to me. I feel somewhat "diminished " looking at your 3 stacks of 12. Yes, I did count them :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hope not, that would just put prices up. I like the prices where they are.

2 Likes