What was the last CD you bought

? Hope you’ve had a good one.

1 Like

Been to that shop again!

9 Likes

There is slight problem of senior moments, I started ripping my last haul, only to discover that I already had Imelda May.
Made worse by the fact that I declared so publicly, on this thread only a week before!

6 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

Still, you can always sell it back to Music Magpie, and get some money back, so it’s not all bad. :wink:

Stop it you’re making cry :joy::joy::joy:

3 Likes

4 Likes

£10 for expanded 3CD version in HMV. Seems popular with forum members so thought I would take a punt.

2 Likes

Three for a quid from Oxfam: Eels, Cinematic Orchestra and Elastica.

2 Likes

Purchased earlier today, think I’ll spin it tomorrow when some volume will be necessary.

Paul McCartney - Amoeba Gig.

1 Like

The Eels album is a great album. :+1:t2:

1 Like

The first thing that came to my mind is that I have not purchased a CD in such a long time that I can’t remember what it was. Going all in with streaming, Spotify, Qobuz and having a great library system also has made it so that I don’t feel I need to buy and own. However to get back to the main point of your question I think … I have been listening to this for the past week; the version of Woodstock is just magic and it brings me back 50 years!

3 Likes

5120q%252B7zihL

A couple of cheeky offers at the bay got these over the line very cheaply at the weekend.

4 Likes

James Taylor - The Warner Bros. Albums 1970-1976. Bought Saturday from the river, price dropped over £3 the day after. Arrived yesterday, ripped this morning, hopefully get to listen this Monday afternoon. They should be good, the Tidal stream was excellent.

4 Likes

Grachan Moncur III - Some Other Stuff

Pushing boundaries?

6 Likes

Every Village Has a Song, The Yusef Lateef Anthology.

One I regretted giving away a few years ago. Got a cheap copy on AZ. Great compilation.

1 Like

Today’s 15 from Poundland. I could only find 2cd’s on the shelves today, but MrsT pointed out that there were 12 cardboard boxes on top of the shelves. So standing on tiptoes we got them down one by one and found 3 boxes of Christmas cd’s, so it’s July and they are stocking ready for the festive season, but in the remaining 9 boxes we found 13 good cd’s, and there were many good cd’s that either I had or wasn’t sure if I had. The staff didn’t mind that we were looking through the boxes either, they even offered to help. So if your Poundland keeps there stock in boxes above the shelves, have a look if the staff don’t mind.

5 Likes

I was hoping for a haul tomorrow😥

1 Like

I was getting worried, nobody out shopping, then thought it was school holidays.
Absolutely no new stock in my local store. I was out and about today so visited another branch. Just one miserable shelf, a copy of Counting Crows Hard Candy that I already have. 25% of the space was Robbie Williams and Dido. Otherwise boy band, girl band. Looks as if I’ll have to travel a bit further afield next week.

bluetrain

I’ve noticed a few versions of the cover on a google search with different numbers. The one I bought today is blue note 91721 but what is the significance, if any, of the different numbers?

7 Likes

The number is part of the catalogue number of the album, and I’m guessing the different numbers refer to different pressings/releases. You could possibly find more info on discogs.