What was the last CD you bought

Just dropped through the door, so I think it’s a JT night tonight :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Chris Rea - Blue Guitars , 11 CD collection. Looking forward to the delivery.

Thanks @AndyP.

4 Likes

I’m hoping so, 11 cds is rather adventurous. :grin:

Five CDs, 100 tracks, a mere fiver from Sainsbury’s!

4 Likes

Jennifer Warnes - Famous Blue Raincoat

B52s - Mesopotamia

Oxfam purchase earlier today.

3 Likes

SL1500

Another Poundland find

4 Likes

40th century box

6 Likes

Today’s 7 from Poundland. Some CD’s I probably wouldn’t have bought at full price but worth a punt at a £1 each.

4 Likes

Definitely going Poundland tomorrow…

3 Likes

Always worth a punt at that price. Found a couple of bands I’ve bought more of thanks to P/land.

1 Like

Poundland’s a bit thin this week, even though they have added a new shelf.

What was fun though was the charity shop, there is a local trader who comes in, has his tablet and a printed list, spreads himself wide whilst he checks every CD and DVD, so I asked the assistant if there was anything waiting to be shelved, was given a boxful just arrived and got these for 50p

Now to catch up on listening

2 Likes

A tip for all you Poundland raiders - look above the cd shelves and you will see some cardboard boxes. Some of those boxes have the new stock in them. GO!!!:running_man:

4 Likes

That’s were I have found most of the couple hundred I have bought in the past few months. Though not all keep there stock up above.

2 Likes

6 Likes

Well, that’s 30 minutes of my life I’ll never get back! I’ve just visited our local Poundland for the first (and last) time. Having ploughed through 4 shelves of Robbie Williams, West Life, Alfie Boe and numerous artists completely unknown to me, I failed to come up with one single candidate for a punt (there were a couple by Katie Melua and Norah Jones which I already own).

Add that to the depression engendered by my surroundings I couldn’t wait to escape into the sunshine and fresh air. I think I’ll revert to Discogs, eBay and Amazon Marketplace. Poundland and charity shops are just too much like hard work for me.

4 Likes

It sounds like you visited my local Poundland! I have bought Norah Jones and Eva Cassidy there, but I too found all those you mentioned as well as Madonna by the shed load.

Great shout, Graeme … one does get a bit bored scanning through what turns out to be largely the same stock since one’s last visit. :roll_eyes:

Anyway, here’s today’s haul, (if you can reasonably call three albums a “haul”.

Gomez - Liquid Skin.

Oleta Adams - Circle Of One.

Trainspotting - soundtrack.

5 Likes

Sorry it wasn’t a worthwhile trip for you. There are a lot of the artists you mention and many more that seem to have more shelf space than they deserve imo. However, I took a punt on the Zutons, a band I had never heard of, and now have a second album by them, again from Poundland and am looking for their third album. I must confess that I am now thinking it’s not worth my effort to flick through all the shelf fillers to find one or two gooduns. Maybe time to give Poundland a rest and go back in a few months.

Another good haul of 16 cd’s from Poundland today.

6 Likes

You really are a bad man, still on Robbie Williams or mistakenly buying what i already own​:wink::grimacing:

1 Like