What was the last CD you bought

Beth Gibbons. Lives Outgrown

7 Likes

The Strictly Smokin’ Big Band’s new one…

2 Likes

https://f4.bcbits.com/img/a3882488741_2.jpg Carmen Gomes Inc /stones-in-my-passway-discovering-the-music-of-robert-johnson-part-2-a-sound-liaison-one-mic-audiophile-recording
"This album deserves recognition as one of the best vocal albums released in 2023.

If you’re a blues fan, get this album. If you love female vocals, get this album. If you simply enjoy great music-making, get this album. Did I say this enough? Get this album. You’ll love it.

The album is 15 tracks of pure enjoyment—excellent contemporary blues that honors the traditions of the genre and the music of Robert Johnson

Carmen Gomes Inc. previously paid tribute to blues great Robert Johnson on their excellent album Up Jumped The Devil, released in 2020. With Stones in My Passway, Gomes Inc. moves to a higher level of music interpretation. Her phrasing, dynamics and inflection are simply remarkable. She sings directly, honestly, without unnecessary embellishment or vocal manipulation. Her sultry delivery of inspired interpretations of this music immerses one into the soundscape being created by the collaborative work of Gomes and her band members. And the work of her accompanying band members truly shines in this recording. The percussion work of drummer Bert Kamsteeg makes a strong contribution, often a central one, complementing the vocals of Gomes. Contributions from guitarist Folker Tettero and double-bassist Peter Bjørnild are equally strong. These four musicians are beautifully in sync, consistently complementing and extending each other’s contributions to the music.

The recording quality is among the best recordings I’ve heard from Sound Liaison recording engineer Frans de Rond. And he’s made quite a few of my favorite recordings. But, when recording Carmen Gomes, Frans seems to rise to yet another level. Frans has been Carmen Gomes’ preferred recording engineer for 27 years for good reason! Rush Paul

3 Likes

Bit of a blues fest!

14 Likes

Just arrived back home to these two potential beauties…

Billie Eilish: Hit me hard and soft
Slash: Orgy of the damned

3 Likes

This was today’s purchase at Andra long, Canadian group CrashTest Dummies: God Shuffled His Feet from 1993…:innocent:

10 Likes

Continuing my Vivaldi splurge:

9 Likes

11 Likes

Great album, hope u enjoyed his concert.

c.Amazon

Gene loves Jezebel: 5 albums for £18.89…

I got this set for the extra tracks on each of the original albums.

3 Likes

Miles Davis - The Complete Live At The Plugged Nickel 1965 (8 disc box set).

I finally found this in great condition at a price I am comfortable with. Box has signs of shelf wear, but the 8 discs are immaculate. Looking forward to hearing it all.

15 Likes

Fantastic set - Mosaic also did a vinyl version. Both wonderful.

The band was so good and wild that Miles was hanging on by the skin of his teeth for most of it !

The one negative of the CD box was the daft font and layout used in the booklet - almost unreadable.

3 Likes

Today’s haul. 5 for £1

4 Likes

Sounds good for a fiver……

ATB, J

2 Likes

Certainly did, he may be nearly 80 but he still knows his way round a Strat!

1 Like

I take my hat off to these guys at their age……its amazing, just 64 myself🥺

Lemon Jelly Lost Horizons

4 Likes

Scarlatti Piano Sonatas_Sudbin_Small

Growing my classical collection …

7 Likes

What’s not to like about a new Crowded House album, Gravity Stairs. Loving the first track.

7 Likes

Oops I’ve posted this is the wrong thread. :flushed:

1 Like