What was the last CD you bought

Isn’t it just a fancy way of describing a path or route that’s hard to proceed along because it’s rocky, then used metaphorically to mean that the way ahead for the singer/protagonist is troubled.

It may be harder to get into, but quite often those are the albums which have most lasting appeal. Although Foxtrot, Nursery Cryme, Live and Selling England are all most excellent progressive albums, The Lamb is a superb work of musical art. The sleeve design is intriguing too.

2 Likes

My comment was tongue in cheek, but yes, that’s what I’d assumed…it’s not a term I’ve heard of before this album title.

4 Likes

Vangelis Bladerunner Trilogy. It’s Very Good. Via a Rega Saturn III.

Jeff Lorber - Elevate

Can’t wait to listen to it!

2 Likes

David Gilmour Luck And Strange

I’m not sure if there has been one, but perhaps there is a thread for albums worth sticking with!

I will be looking to get a copy of this album now, perhaps the current re-issue.

It arrived, but turned out to be completely bronzed on the label side. It plays like an old vinyl disc, and doesn’t rip at all. Shame!

EJ

The best intro to Genesis is Nursery Cryme (followed by Foxtrot & Trespass). That’ll get you into the classic Peter Gabriel era. For the Phil Collins era, Trick of the Tail, followed by Wind And Wuthering.

2 Likes

Thanks, though I do have those albums, I was just missing The Lamb, partly as I read some reviews which made out that the album was a acquired taste, but given these recent comments, I’ll be getting it now.

It is an acquired taste, imho. A few good tracks. Mostly B*****ks. :rofl:

1 Like