What was the last CD you bought

Today’s 13 from Poundland, I have now found a third shop about 20 minutes drive from home. Poundland now feels very expensive compared to the charity shop right next door, where the cd’s were only 25p each!

4 Likes

Good result compared to prices now being asked, but I can’t for the life of me understand why a ten quid plain CD version isn’t available.
Looks like I may be forced into the Qobuz HiRes download, which, at £16.99, isn’t exactly cheap. On the other hand, I might just make do with Spotify for the moment and see what happens in 6 months time!

1 Like

SL500_SS500

4 Likes

From my trip to Prague - Jana Koubkova

Rosalie Cunningham’s eponymous debut solo album. Rosalie was the singer, front and driving force behind Purson the psychedelic rock and genre spanning band before bad management unfortunately forced the outfit to break up in 2016. This new album has been described as like listening to Purson MK II and has received rave reviews.

2 Likes

download
SX425_PJautoripBadge%2CBottomRight%2C4%2C-40_OU11_
SX425

4 Likes

The Last Dance , by Runrig.
The final concert of an amazing bands 40 year career held under Stirling Castle in Aug 2018.
Runrig---The-Last-Dance-%E2%80%93-Farewell-Concert-Film-(Limited-Collector's-Edition)---(CD---DVD-Video)

2 Likes

Dropped by ‘Fat Cat Records’ earlier today…

Leonard Cohen - The Future

Radiohead - Amnesiac

Radiohead - OK Computer

Beattles - Abbey Road

Roy Robinson - Black&WhiteNIght

Patti Smith - Gone Again

Bruce Springsteen - Nebraska

11 Likes

Nelsons/BSO: Shosty’s Symphony 6 & 7.

6 Likes

Just spent the weekend staying just outside Coventry and was very disappointed, depending which search I believed the town has three or five stores and I was too busy to get to them. Then arriving home today, I had to go to the local store for mundane domestic stuff and discovered the shelves have been totally refilled, I again had no time, grabbed the same REM disc because it stood out.
One other benefit of all this searching, and of reading the threads here. I managed to identify 18 of 20 album covers in a music quiz!

2 Likes

Today’s eight bargains from Poundland

9 Likes

Joe Jackson - Steppin’ Out (The Very Best Of).

James Brown - Sex Machine (The Very Best Of).

More Poundland goodness. :slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

That dam Poundland, I’ve paid full price for most of those (excellent cds too). Why didn’t someone mention Poundland BEFORE I went to the UK. :pleading_face:

3 Likes

Look on the bright side. I might be retired, but I still value my time far too highly to spend any of it rubbing shoulders with the great unwashed in any of my local £lands. I did it once, but found absolutely nothing worth buying before having to go outside for my next breath!

5 Likes

Fourteen Cd’s bought today from Poundland.

8 Likes

You have one special store, I have seen nothing like this in visiting six stores. I went to my local today, they have had yet another DVD delivery and hence no room in storage. All the CDs they have are on the shelves and packed so tight that it was impossible to move any without pulling the adjacent pile down.
It was quite quite quiet and the only odour was from the usual suspects sampling the body sprays.

1 Like

I use three stores two in Crawley and one in East Grinstead, West Sussex, all of have good stock rotation and I can normally pick up between six and twenty five plus cd’s a week. There is all the usual dross but in amongst those there are some goodies, especially in the boxes above the shelves in the large town centre store in Crawley.

I have been to some other stores in other towns and they have been terrible, no stock or very little, mostly games and DVD’s.

In the three stores close to me there are no great unwashed and I don’t have to go out for my next breath, and plenty of reasonable stock, there seems to be a quite a difference between stores around the country.

The model for Aqualung :wink:

3 Likes

We went to a nearby town for lunch yesterday and just happened to find a Poundland, that I hadn’t been to before, and I came away with these ten. I wasn’t thinking and bought a PG album I already had.
Think I might have to take a sabbatical from Poundland as I need to find somewhere to store all the extra CD’s I have bought, just hope I can crack the addiction!

2 Likes

I might start buying them from you :joy::joy::joy:.

2 Likes