What was the last CD you bought

Another frenzy of buying at Poundland plus a charity shop. Get them while you can I say :grin:

10 Likes

It looks like you have a good Poundland (and charity shop) near you. I have a number of those albums in various formats and I know I paid a lot more than you did for them. Enjoy!

2 Likes

Was just thinking the same thing as I was looking through the covers. :thinking:

Visits to Poundland over the last week, plus a lunchtime wander around four charity shops.
I counted in Poundland, 840 CDs on the shelf, 250 in boxes, they say they are waiting for storage space to get more in, someone over ordered DVDs thinking the summer holiday would bring a boost and they have 40 unshelved boxes.

5 Likes

Interesting - I reckon I might have supplied quite a few of these! Seriously, the bulk of my CDs get recycled via Momox, who definitely offer the best prices. My understanding is that most of Poundland’s offerings come from either Momox or MusicMagpie. At least it prevents some of the silver discs ending up in landfill.

1 Like

I’m flat getting a CD for under $20 (AUD) :scream:

Free - 5 Classic Albums
5cd set includes Free, Fire and Water, Highway, Free at Last and Heartbreaker.

Dr. John - Original Album Series
5cd set includes, Gris-Gris, Babylon, The Sun Moon & Herbs, Dr. John’s Gumbo and In the Right Place.

The Eagles - The Studio Albums 1972-1979
6cd set included, Eagles, Desperado, On The Border, One of These Nights, Hotel California and The Long Run.

All from the River priced between £11 and £13 for each set, another bargain

12 Likes

51ScDbNl5VL

Completing my Don Henley studio albums collection, perversely with his 1982 debut solo album.

5 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @johnt - just ordered the Dr John for a mere £10.79!

2 Likes

Me too, $25, but well worth it. Thanks for the heads up. :+1:

1 Like

The Grateful Dead - Blues For Allah

1975%2057%20-%20Grateful%20Dead%20-%20Blues%20for%20Allah%20(Sept%201975)

The Grateful Dead - American Beauty

SX450

The Grateful Dead - Live Dead

LiveDead_Cover%20copy

Another gap in the collection being remedied. A band I know little about (save for their reputation live). With reference to a few forum posts in the "What are you listening to now” thread and the recent article in Hi-Fi Choice, decided to explore a couple of their well regarded discs. I know I could listen to them via Spotify, but where’s the fun in that!

10 Likes

Always like these guys for a change in listening mood.

3 Likes

Five great albums for just over a tenner, brand new! Bargain! Thanks for the heads up @johnt

7 Likes

9 Likes

Just arrived from the US
(under special guard, until I open it…)

5 Likes

Three beautiful albums! Have fun.

And do hear Aoxomoxoa and Anthem of The Sun as well! :sunny:

And Workingman’s Dead…and… :smile:

1 Like

2 Likes

I see the ‘special’ CD is now up to £138 on Amazon! Mind if I ask how much you had to pay for yours, and from where?

Picked these 8 cd’s up from a charity shop today, 25p each, a bargain!!

6 Likes

Came in at around £43…I pre-ordered early on.