What was the last CD you bought

Just arrived - three CDs, a Blu-ray and a gorgeous 12x12 book in a slipcase. Superb presentation. Looks to be a gorgeous set - as soon as I finish this work I’m doing, it’s going on the Oppo!

12 Likes

My latest scoop from Poundland:

4 Likes

…and a visit to HMV:

11 Likes

Midge Ure

Soundtrack: 1978-2019

2 CD’S + DVD

Edward

I’ve been buying a lot of CDs (mostly second hand) from ‘auction sites’.

The last one I bought was Charlotte Gainsbourg ‘IRM’

I say bought; what was delivered was an empty case…

I sort of messed up on my strategy, I was asked to wait 20 minutes for the pharmacist to check a prescription. There are two charity shops opposite. It would be rude not to.

Then I found this one in a nostalgia store, followed by

On a trip to Bath. I got them in HMV, I know they might be cheaper online, but I don’t want the shop to disappear. They have invested in a hell of a lot of stock (their reggae section is massive) so deserve the support.
I’ll come back to Bath Poundland and charity shops later.

8 Likes

A “99p each” half-dozen from Oxfam:

9 Likes

I said I would come back to Poundland.
I have not been to the Bath store before, two small shelves and virtually no RW, Corrs etc. I left behind possibly 30 discs that I already have and appear regularly in What Are You… There was a full set of Eva Cassidy.
Then, there are four charity shops before going off to Oxfam and Dorothy House, the two main sources of music in town.
Absolutely no vinyl that was not at silly prices and the cheapest CDs in Oxfam were £1.99.
Still a good hour or so

6 Likes

just arrived…

Sara K - Made in the Shade

Sara K. (Vocals, Manzanita 4-string Guitar), Ian Melrose (Acoustic & Electric Guitar), Johanna Single (Concert Harp), Lutz Moller (Piano), Beo Brockhausen (Percussion, Saxophone, Clarinet, Bass Clarinet, Hulusi, Duduk), Christian Archontidis (Cymbals), Christian Willisohn (Piano), Christian Struck (English Horn), Martin Grolskurth (Hammond Organ) and Hans-Jorg Maucksch (Fretless Bass).

Sara K - Hell or High Water

Sara K. (Vocals, Manzanita 4-string Guitar), Beo Brockhausen (Glass Harp, Kantele, Percussion, Udu, Saxophone, Autoharp, Harpsichord, Kalimba, Low Whistle, Tin Whistle, Ocarina, and Fujara), Chris Jones (Guitars, Dobro), Brian O’Connor (Flutes), Hans-Jorg Maucksch (Fretless Bass), Bruce Dunlap (Guitar), Grischka Zepf (Bass), Michel Poffet (Bowed Bass), Christian Willisohn (Piano), Michael Kleinhans (Tuba), and Hrolfur Vagnsson (Accordion).

Sara K. - Water Falls

Sara K. (Vocals, Manzanita 4-string Guitar), Pavlyk Volodymyr (Accordian), Tanja Khodorenko (Talk), Lev Etinger (Talk), Chris Jones (Guitars), Beo Brockhausen (Soprano Saxophone, Concert Harp, Accordian, Tinwhistle, Low-whistle, Sitar) Dirko Juchem (Bass Clarinet, Flute), Grischka Zepf (Electric Bass), Martin Huch (Dobro), Martin GroBkurth (Hammond B3), Zsuzanna Bolimowski (Violin), Woitek Bolimowski (Violin), Inka Birkham (Violoncello), Weiter Ilg (Bowed Bass), Hans-Jorg Maucksch (Fretless Bass), Freek Borstlap (String-arrangement), Christian Struck (Piano), Yogi Jockusch (Bodhran, Percussion) and Siard dejong (Fiddle, Viola, Mandolin).

Purchased from Sara’s website…

7 Likes

Starting my trip to the planet Gong🚀

10 Likes

Today’s two buys from Poundland

6 Likes

7 Likes

When I was down in Salisbury last week for the factory visit, I popped in to the local Poundland. There was a very poor selection of CDs, I wonder if the Naim team clean it out. :grinning:

5 Likes

s-l500

Dodax (Germany) via Amazon.

5 Likes

Beth Hart - War in My Mind | Amazon

12 Likes

The Beth Hart Band - Immortal

AC_UY436_SEARCH213888_QL65_ML3
The Pineapple Thief - Immortal

Richard Hawley - Hollow Meadows

4 Likes

8 Likes

Wildwood Kin’s new album on pre-release, fine young folk trio.

1 Like

51l1R7nkJ3L
AC_UY436_SEARCH213888_QL65_ML3
A couple more fished from the River this afternoon.

2 Likes

The Pineapple Thief - Tightly Unwound (double album).

Just managed to win this at the auction site.

4 Likes