What was the last CD you bought

It’s pay day, I’m in town hitting the cd shops, the wife is working abroad so I have no adult supervision. Guess what!

HMV:

Also 2 from Poundland, and others from used record shop:

Yay! \o/

11 Likes

That’s a great haul. Some nice albums there.

2 Likes

That can be dangerous. :flushed:

1 Like

Pay day can be damaging. Once a year when the car is in for service if is easier to have a trip into Bristol rather than bus it home.
Thing is, I know where all the record shops are and they make a nice circular walk. I spend the next couple of hours fingers crossed that there are no surprises back at the garage.
First up Plastic Wax Records, a good selection of vinyl. He has a stack of CDs at £1, or 10 for £5.

I was then quite moderate with the costlier ones.

A couple of charity shops on the way

Poundland was rather short, just one shelf
Rough Trade now has a selection of second hand vinyl, so no CD spending. Their coffee was good.
The covered market record stalls are riding the vinyl revival, too expensive for me.

5 Likes

It’s a great way to take your mind off the possibility of a damaging garage bill :rofl:

Today’s 5 from Poundland

8 Likes

There was a surprise, but not to get damaging, the rear number plate lit by an led unit that started flickering, whole unit replaced £8.63 + the dreaded. The garage phoned for permission to change, because it was not on the service schedule.

1 Like

…arrived in the mailbox this afternoon

Elvis Costello and Bill Frisell - DEEP Dead Blue Live 25 June 95

Elvis Costello (voice) and Bill Frisell (guitar)

Bill Frisell - All we are saying . . .

Bill Frisell (guitar), Greg Leisz (steel and acoustic guitars), Jenny Scheinman (violin), Tony Scherr (bass) and Kenny Wollesen (drums).

6 Likes

Japan 2019 editon

11 Likes

61h0LRNrcSL

Filling some holes in the Beth Hart collection, this one from the Bay.

6 Likes

Oooooeerrrr Missus! :rofl::rofl:

The Velvet Underground

Bought a nice Japanese copy for a fiver. I’d given up hoping to replace my long-lost vinyl copy…

7 Likes

Abbey Road 50th Anniversary 2 CD Edition. …arrived today, and jolly fine it is.

8 Likes

I went to Poundland for some genuine shopping, the assistant now recognises me and gave me an unopened box from the trolley.

Then I went to make a donation…

I admit to ordering this online.

2 Likes

Pre-ordered for its release on November 8th.

7 Likes

That Paul Butterfield album is a cracker. It compares favourably with John Mayall’s Beano album.

3 Likes

Peter Gabriel - So

Bill Callahan - Shepherd in a Sheepskin Vest.

5 Likes

From Amazon, much cheaper than the Qobuz CD quality download (though I could stream for free) - hopefully will sound better than the older iTunes version I have:

One of my favourite films.

…recent arrivals

Patricia Barber - The Premonition Years – 1994 - 2002

Patricia Barber (Piano, Vocals), Neal Alger (Guitar), Michael Arnopol (Bass), Ruben Alvarez (Percussion), Joey Baron (Drums), Dave Douglas (Trumpet), John McLean (Guitar), Eric Montzka (Drums) and Mark Walker (Drums, Percussion, Prepared Kit, Tin Cans).

Zakir Hussain - Making Music

Zakir Hussain (Tabla, Percussion, Voice), Hariprasad Chaurasia (Flutes), John McLaughlin (Acoustic Guitar) and Jan Garbarek (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone).

Justin Adams & Juldeh Camera - Soul Science

Justin Adams (Banjo, Electric 6-String Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Lute, Vocals), Juldeh Camara (Fiddle, One-String Fiddle, Percussion, Vocals) and Salah Dawson Miller (Percussion).

Chris Stapleton - From A Room: Volume 2

Chris Stapleton (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Derek Mixon (Drums), J. T. Cure (bass, upright bass), Dave Cobb (Acoustic Guitar, Percussion), Morgan Stapleton (Vocals, Tamborine).

Chris Stapleton - Traveller

Chris Stapleton ( Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Vocals), Derek Mixon (Drums, Percussion), Dave Cobb (Acoustic Guitar, Percussion), T. Cure (upright bass), Mickey Raphael (Harmonica), Mike Webb (Mellotron, Organ, Piano) and Morgan Stapleton (Vocals).

4 Likes

Today’s seven for seven from Poundland

9 Likes