What was the last CD you bought

Haven’t played any Dave McKenna for years. He made some good records for Concord.

Tubby Hayes on Fontana boxset

Couldn’t resist!

3 Likes

Well i popped into poundland this morning in great anticipation. What a disappointment…total dross with shelves of Xmas cd’s. Don’t know how you do it!

1 Like

The Bushin’ Jimmy Smith

The Essential Collection Poco

Rattlesnakes Lloyd Cole and the Commotion

A Deeper Understanding The War on Drugs

4 Likes

My main Poundland, has increased the number of shelves to around 12 and they have moved the Christmas CD’s to a free standing shelf in the aisle, so there is now a lot of new stock and about 20 odd boxes on top of the shelves waiting to go out. Its a shame I couldn’t reach the top boxes to have a look as they were stacked four high, perhaps I will take the step ladder next time. The other two local Poundlands are dire and still full of Christmas CD’s. Perhaps you need to arrange a Poundland roadtrip.

2 Likes

Bach Collegium Japan- Bach Sacred Cantatas- 55 SACDs- Box set…have to rip it because I have no longer a CD player…

1 Like

3 Likes

It is[quote=“Richard, post:886, topic:216, full:true”]
Haven’t played any Dave McKenna for years. He made some good records for Concord.
[/quote]

It is going to be my first McKenna album. You have a bunch of outstanding performances of solo piano on the Maybeck Recital Hall Series such as Roland Hanna, Gene Harris, Marian McPartland and Hank Jones.

1 Like

Yes, got a few of the Maybeck series - but not that one.

Decent price on Amazon yesterday

11 Likes

Does not contain “Shout”!

3 Likes

Last cd of the year for me.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Sadly my local HMV in Worcester is closing in January, despite my support!

Seven-CD box, a gift from Santa…

9 Likes
1 Like

Another of Santa’s pressies – movie soundtrack by the Frapp’s Will Gregory and Portishead’s Adrian Utley:

2 Likes

And another gift that appeared in my stocking – a two-CD, one-DVD box set which incldes lots of bonus tracks plus, just for @anon71888798, some S£@ven Wil*** remixes.

5 Likes

Love you too, Kev. You know how much I despise anything that man touches.

2 Likes

The Fires Of Ork, Neuland, Nodens Ictus
Alan Davey, David Byrne, Cyril Scott
Hawklords, Acid Mothers Temple, John McLaughlin
Hawkwind

Xmas Swag, with another pressie - a mega Lava Lamp!

3 Likes