What was the last CD you bought

Another Amazon bargain

2 Likes

Is this the show he is due to do in March?

1 Like

Bought as a bargain. Very relaxed with Eric and friends playing tribute to J.J. Cale. So sad JJ is no longer with us since quite a while, but his music is still here.

13 Likes

Hell of a player with a great voice. Christone “Kingfish” Ingram.

5 Likes

Two grumpy men! EP from September

2 Likes

According to Gramophone, THE best version of Mendelssohn’s violin concerto:

After the first listen, very nice indeed. The best I’ve heard with period instruments. With modern instruments, I also like Hilary Hahn and Heifetz. Any better suggestions, anyone?

6 Likes

Phil Collins - Take a Look at Me Now The Complete Studio Collection
2015/2016 remasters of all 8 cd’s, bargain at £7.99 from Amazon

10 Likes

9 Likes

Mr. Weller in a pleasantly laid back mood.

6 Likes

Much cheapness! Elvis £3 at Sainsbury’s, Wilco & McVicar soundtrack £4 on Amazon

3 Likes

Slim pickings from Poundland this week.

10 Likes

Quality not quantity :grinning:

2 Likes

…arrived on my doorstep yesterday

Melanie De Biasio - Lilies

The Delines - The Imperial

7 Likes

Great album, signed copy to boot :grinning:

3 Likes

Dr John. Gris-Gris. Discovered this quite recently, wonderfully eccentric.

6 Likes

Are they better than the originals? The originals are dense.

Phil

I’ve only listened to The Essential Going Back, so far, and this is the first time I have heard this album. I will try and have a listen over the weekend to the other Remastered albums which I can compare to my originals and get back to you.

1 Like

…arrived this evening

Andy Sheppard Quartet

Andy Sheppard (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Eivind Aarset (Guitar), Michel Benita (Double Bass) and Sebastian Rochford (Drums).

5 Likes

Hello everybody this is my first time posting. I just bought some vintage Naim gear and I am ex- streamly happy. I grew up in San Francisco (Haight Ashbury) and went to concerts from 12 to 40. Then moved to Seattle my new Nirvana. Id like to introduce you to a musician who started out in the early 60’s with the Kingston Trio and later wrote the song “Daydream Believer” for the Monkey’s. The artist’s name is John Stewart and the album is Neon Beach Live.Please listen to the last track1st its called “Gold Medley” 12 minutes of A+ rock.
PEACE LOVE & HAPPINESS

4 Likes

Thanks, I remember the track Gold. Had no idea he wrote Daydream Believer as well, might look him up.