What was the last CD you bought

@TheKevster I’m sure you know this - Delia Smith baked the cake on the front cover, starting out on her cookery career she was asked to make a cake for a photoshoot not knowing who it was for.

4 Likes

Good factoid, thanks Andy P! :smile:

Indeed I do @AndyP.

I can’t let it go there. You mentioned in first gigs the Empire Pool Wembley. Did you know beneath your feet was and probably still is an Olympic sized swimming pool built in the 1930’s. The Stones whilst playing there in 1973 had to have the subterranean box acoustically dampened.

4 Likes

Now that I DIDN’T know!

2 Likes

There’s a pun there somewhere…

4 Likes

Another great (bargain) find from Discogs, and another SACD to add to a growing collection:

6 Likes

Picked up a copy of this at hmv this morning

2 Likes

‘On The Line’ - Released Friday March 22, 2019.

![](https://images-na.ssl-images-amaz on.com/images/I/81VViQt%2BOEL.SL1425.jpg)

11 all new original songs written by Jenny and recorded at Capitol Records’ Studio B, featuring a backing band of legendary talent including Beck, Benmont Tench, Don Was, Jim Keltner, Ringo Starr and Ryan Adams.

After seeing this a few times on the “What are you listening too…” decided to get my own copy, only 47 years to late.

Genesis- Selling England by the Pound.

11 Likes

Pre-ordered for Friday 22nd March

3 Likes

John Cale Academy In Peril 2014 reissue

2 Likes

George Harrison- George Harrison

Genesis- Nusery Crymes

7 Likes

:small_blue_diamond:Fascinating that so many still buy CD-discs, personally I have not bought any CD-disc since around the year 2003.

/Peder🙂

pre-ordered and the album arrived last evening…

1547208023.jpg

Dominic Miller - Absinthe

Dominic Miller (Guitar), Santiago Arias (Bandoneon), Mike Lindup (Keyboard), Nicolas Fiszman (Bass) and Manu Katché (Drums).

3 Likes

I haven’t purchased vinyl since the mid 80’s. I still buy the odd CD, I do prefer hi res downloads but you can’t always get the ones you’re after.

31axEkpP24L 41jQvfmE8BL
51YwyVOkydL

410P2JAYRAL download%20(1) download%20(2) download
Found this nice bunch at La Bottega Discantica in Milan
Regards
Roberto

5 Likes

It’s actually three. Having recently reported buying a triple vinyl album in Lush, really enjoying it, I started searching for the original albums.
What I found, in part, was The Imagined Village. I recognised the name, but had never listened. I now know how remiss I have been.
A collaboration led by Simon Emmerson of Afro Celt Sound System. There are three albums that are labelled “folk” but are not, well not completely.
Every disc includes thoughtful and thought provoking.
If you do nothing else, listen to the cover version of 'Cum On Feel the Noize and marvel how a change of interpretation turns a boisterous rock anthem into an old man’s lament.
For a bit of a system workout, try The Guvna.

2 Likes

Grant Green - Am I Blue
RVG Remaster

8 Likes

4 Likes