What was the last CD you bought

The first Blue Note album by Don Cherry. Wonderful.

2 Likes

Recently purchased and finally arrived…

Artemis - Artemis

Melissa Aldana (Tenor Saxophone), Anat Cohen (Clarinet, Bass Clarinet),
Ingrid Jensen (Bass), Allison Miller (Drums), Renee Rosnes (Piano), Cécile McLorin Salvant (Vocals) and Noriko Ueda (Bass).

Ron Miles - Rainbow Sign

Ron Miles (Cornet), Thomas Morgan (Bass), Brian Blade (Drums) Bill Frisell (Guitar) and Thomas Moran (Piano).

Ese & The Vooduu People - Mercury in Retrograde

Ese Okorodudu (Vocals, Lead Guitar, Rhythm Guitar), Sheena Ross (Vocals), Maťej Černý (Bass), Klára Böhm (Drums) and with special guest star… Alix Anthony (Lead Guitar on tracks 8 – 11, Vocals on track 8).

1 Like

4 Likes

New one by Leo Abrahams and Martin France, with Arve Henriksen guesting.

That, Sir, is one of the ugliest album covers I’ve seen in quite a while.

Album No8 is a bit of a disappointment. Vocals are very ‘muffled’ on some tracks.

It’s not pleasant, is it? Great music, however.

That is what matters. :partying_face:

The latest from guitar/baas duo Endless Field, on Biophiliac Records. You don’t get a CD, just an elaborate sleeve with a download code to either stream or burn to CD as you wish.

1 Like

Did a raid on HMV’s jazz section today. There is a very nice promotion on a lot of Blue Notes titles, plus their spend £75 and get £10 off deal. Bought some other none jazz titles to get over the £75 and that’s me sorted for the next few days.

11 Likes

Great selection there G. But Melody Gardot’s jazz? Really?

(Ducks, gets coat).

3 Likes

We can only assume that was one of the non-jazz titles, which @Graeme referred to.

@TheKevster, @Clive, I must confess that the Melody Gardot cd was bought in a charity shop and I failed to notice it was in the pile from HMV. No matter, Dbpoweramp, and various sites on the web tell me the genre for Gardot is jazz. However, it’s not the genre I would have guessed had I been asked to, but I need to file the cd somewhere (the bin doesn’t count :crazy_face:).

1 Like

Did you get a good deal on the Evans in England set? I just checked HMV’s online store and it was about £25.

1 Like

£23.99 so not really. I did need some full priced discs to get the discount on offer. This one has been on my hit list for a while now.

1 Like

Thanks. It’s been on my hit list for a while too.

Lay It Down

Bit of Cowboy Junkies thanks to hearing Common Disaster on RP.

5 Likes

Three for a pound at the charity shop :rofl:image

image image

2 Likes

An excellent album. :+1:

I’d certainly put her under ‘easy listening jazz’. I really don’t think she’s any different (as far as genre is concerned) to many other female jazz singers (Vaughan, Lee, Simone etc).
IMHO of course :grin: