What was the last CD you bought

Fleetwood Mac

Fleetwood Mac (1969-1974)

Edward

15 Likes

Three CDs of majestic soul from EW&F – just a fiver from Sainsbury’s!

10 Likes

This Gold series is fantastic and I have bought a handful over the past year or so just to get the best ones on my iPod! (although clearly iPods are clearly for old people now. I asked about a download card on a recent vinyl purchase and was sniffly told they no longer did MP3 downloads as part of the purchase as the product was available to stream. Whatever that is!)

1 Like

Trombone-heavy contemporary Latin jazz:

3 Likes

Received my newest order from the River:

Claude

4 Likes

Lisa Mills - The Triangle
Lisa’s latest album, as usual some great blues, what a voice this lady has. Available from Amazon or her own website.

2 Likes

In today’s mail (+ a set of fancy RCA caps).

4 Likes

On Analog Africa, a fascinating collection of mid/late 1970s experimental and psychedelic Cumbia and Afro-Champeta from Colombia.

2 Likes

Latest haul from the river:

Brian Eno - Here Come the Warm Jets
Diana Krall - Stepping Out

Also received a Capercaillie cd which I think is a counterfeit item. Data side is blue, and there is no matrix run out information. Looks like a CD-R. :frowning: The river are giving me a refund. First time this happened to me.

2 Likes

Rob Mazurek’s Exploding Star Orchestra – Dimensional Stardust, on International Anthem

1 Like

3 Likes

6 Likes

Been a while since I’ve listened to this. Rhythmically interesting :face_with_monocle:

2 Likes

Blue Note Re:imagined / 2020 Blue Note / EU CD x 2 / 0710012

Just picked up this newly released double CD in HMV for £12 having heard and enjoyed several tracks on JazzFM over the last few months.

3 Likes

Bought a couple of REM DVD-A to play on my Cambridge Universal DVD player out of curiosity. It won’t play them, hmm.

Chick Corea & The Spanish Heart Band - Antidote

£4.99 in HMV Cribs Causeway!

2 Likes

Lee Morgan - The Sidewinder / 1999 Blue Note / France CD / RVG Edition / 7243 4 95332 2 6

New sealed and an absolute bargain at £2.99 in HMV.

9 Likes

Does HMV have a sale on? Although I hate Cribbs Causeway, I could make a special exception…

Hi @Clive they did but most of the bargains have sold. For example the Blue Note CD’s they had reduced to £4.99 are now reappearing at £7.99. I was lucky with the Lee Morgan being reduced a second time. They probably have the multi buy offers still on certain items, though Bristol and Bath stores have a wider selection than Cribs. The loss of FOPP was a shame but at least we still have the Rough Trade store - with the naim in house sound system!

Ok, thanks Geoff. I expect I’ve already got most of the Blue Notes which would have been reduced anyway. With COVID around, I haven’t been into any record shops for ages so I miss out on these things. I must make the effort to find Rough Trade though.

1 Like