What was the last CD you bought

Although I’m sort of with you about the “uninspiring period” of Pink Floyd’s “Delicate Sound Of Thunder” I am loving listening to this live album!
I haven’t yet watched the DVD / BluRay but the 2 CD’s are brilliant.
The LP’s are 1000’s of miles away from me at the moment and it will be months before I’m united with them but am looking forward to hearing the vinyl.
The whole bundle is beautifully packaged too.

2 Likes

Do you have the set filmed in the little church (in Ireland or Wales IIRC)? I saw it years ago, and it was brilliant. But I’ve not been able to track it down since.

Yes, I have two copies. It’s included in either of the two AW at the BBC sets. The DVD is the same in each, but the 4-DVD set includes two other DVDs, one live at Porchester Hall and another which includes many of her appearances on Jools Holland’s show. This latter disc includes the exceptional performance of Don’t Go to Strangers, recorded with Paul Weller.

Bob Marley Island collection on CD, €15 from Amazon France. Ordered yesterday and just been delivered!

6 Likes

Yes, mine too! Must be full-filled by Amazon UK.

2 Likes

Blimey, that was quick. Mine is scheduled for delivery on Monday. Ordered yesterday. Silly really because I already have most of those. Still, for £15 why not?!

2 Likes

Indeed you can’t complain at that price. Got Natty Dread on now which may be my favourite of his

Ordered this evening, for delivery on Wednesday!

So can anyone suggest why there is such a significant difference between AMZ-UK (30 quid) and AMZ-FR (15 euros)?

Especially as it seems that both -UK & -FR are really AMZ-Europe (I discovered that I could log into AMZ-FR using my AMZ-UK credentials).

2 Likes

Yes you can log on to Italy and Germany too with UK sign on. Don’t know why the price is so different but it happens a lot.

Check out Superdeluxe Edition’s website and social media and/or sign up for email alerts

Interesting, I must investigate further; plenty of spare time though, retirement and covid restrictions and all…but, it could cost (me) a lot (spending the kid’s inheritance) :laughing:

1 Like

Inheritance?
Mine are getting the leftovers.

2 Likes

Not spending it, re-investing in commodities :crazy_face:

1 Like

8 Likes

This arrived yesterday and it currently getting its first play

folder

5 Likes

1 Like

Have the blu-ray , scheduled for Christmas Day on my new Pioneer UDP -expecting great things

1 Like

The Amazon.fr price was a black friday deal. Amazon.fr black friday was delayed a week.

I bought the Ronnie Lane box-set for about £70 on Amazon.fr. Far cheaper than Amazon U.K.

Collection gaps filled, and a couple of vinyl duplicates now ready to rip…

The Patti Smith Group - Easter.

The Pogues - Rum Sodomy & the Lash.

Bob Dylan - Highway '61 Revisited.

Bob Dylan - The Freewheelin’ Bob Dylan.

Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home.

6 Likes