What was the last CD you bought

I’ve had this for some time now…beautiful album. It got me listening to alot more Lemmer and his collaborations.
“Still” is another nice one from Thomas.

1 Like

I just find it a very relaxing to listen and a well recorded and produced album. Have you listened to the 24 bit version, which I played on Quboz?

I have but to be honest, the CD is great and at the moment I have it ripped to FLAC on my NAS.
Really tests my MA Bronzes but they muster well!

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up on this Clive, we saw the Shep Bush show, after many cancellations, it would be good to have an audio recording.

7 Likes

One of our best songwriters IMHO.

5 Likes

Latest album from talented saxophonist/composer…

2 Likes

Future Islands - As Long As You Are / 2020 4AD / UK CD / 4AD0270CD

For my son, as it is on his Christmas List.

5 Likes

and

7 Likes

Amongst others…

Now which genre is Ray Charles. I keep wanting to put him in jazz, but is he not Soul?

8 Likes

3 Likes

Difficult, but I’m not starting all that again! (@TheKevster :joy:).
I’ve put him in my jazz storage as there’s more room there (vinyl mono box) and frees up space in the ‘everything else’ area.

1 Like

@Graeme @Blackstar – Easiest to just describe Ray Charles as sui generis :sunglasses:

Yep, that’ll do!

Oh no! Now I have to build a new shelf for Unique. Just for the Genius. I hope he produced more than 80 albums. Maybe for now he can be sui generis in jazz. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Thanks anyway.

1 Like

1999 -deluxe. Great album. Second disc has different versions of several songs. Many not that different from the original. Great for fans, less suitable on a distanced dinner party or murder mystery

5 Likes

Yellowjackets and WDR Big Band - Jackets XL / 2020 Mack Avenue / US CD / MAC1175

2 Likes

Two-CD set of four classic albums.

8 Likes

Been looking for a while–Bingo! 50p in a bargain bin!

1 Like

Four albums on two CDs: Look Out!, That’s Where It’s At, Dearly Beloved and Stan “The Man” Turrentine.

5 Likes