What was the last concert / gig you attended?

Phew…for a second there, I thought the bottom pic was LCD!
I felt suddenly ancient…

1 Like

I thought it was Bill Bailey.

6 Likes

I know. He’s a dead ringer

1 Like

GnR

2 Likes

We had Damien O’Kane, Ron Block and Ali Hutton at Chidham on Monday. Absolutely fantastic. I was joking with Ron that he was going to have pedal envy. Their bass player couldn’t make it due to Covid, but Ali managed to replicate a lot of the bass using pedals on his acoustic. Amazing.

This picture is from the soundcheck.

3 Likes

That looks like Friday. They were pants on the Saturday. Axl had a problem with his voice. They scraped together a two hour set versus the 3+ hours they’d been playing on the rest of the tour with most songs padded out by extended solos. Following gig in Glasgow was cancelled “on medical advice”. From what I saw that should have been the case on Saturday too ! Not great after a two year wait.

1 Like

Yes, Friday
Must say wasn’t brilliant
The only good bit was Slash so would do better seeing him in his own band like I’ve done many times and every time has been good
The sound quality was very off, wasn’t anywhere near loud enough and not impressed with the stadium

Machine Head up next for me doubt there will be any worries about not being loud enough with that one :dizzy_face:

Lyndon

First time for me: Rammstein yesterday in netherland

3 Likes

Pierce Turner, one of my favourites but alas very unheard of, Sugar Club Dublin. Excellent as usual

.sjb

3 Likes

Rammstein, Cardiff (last week)

6 Likes

From another perspective, also last Tuesday:
Second time for me after 17years.

5 Likes

Roger Waters, This is not a Drill. Toronto 8/7/2022.

Great band and a terrific show.

10 Likes

Not a concert as such but a great musical performance.

Dublin’s Olympia last night. The story was probably as strong as Mamma Mia (a bit harsh perhaps there were a few memorable lines) but by God the music is terrific.

Heading off on a UK tour after its Dublin run and we’ll worth catching for fans of Dylan.

.sjb

2 Likes

I saw the original production with Ciaran Hinds and Shirley Henderson and it was absolutely brilliant. The music was much better than seeing Dylan in the flesh at Hyde Park :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Pearl Jam Hyde Park BST x2

2 of the best shows I have ever experienced. I have maybe seen 500 bands play so a decent baseline. I love PJ and have seen then for years but these 2 shows… such an emotional connection. Both shows had me welling up. Almost entirely different sets as well! 1 song duplicated. Blown away and still coming down.

2 Likes

Going to see Roger Waters tomorrow evening here in Boston. I’ve seen each of his tours for quite a while now. The shows are stunningly well produced.

2 Likes

Roger Daltrey at Liverpool Empire Theatre last night. His voice and performance was amazing. He’s definitely doing something in voice preparation. I remember reading the odd comment here, you know, the “I saw them in 1972 blah blah…… he’s a former shadow of himself blah blah…… wouldn’t go now blah blah”. Well last night’s performance with his 9 piece band was incredible, particularly the Wilko Johnson songs.

10 Likes

Damn it!

What a shame…….i can understand them cancelling, that is very painful for a while.

1 Like

I echo that SJB. I’ve been twice, and it’s running till 30th July (I think). It is as good a show as you will ever see, at a very reasonable price and in one of my favourite theatres. It is a truly a stunning achievement by all concerned.
I may yet go a third time….

1 Like