What was the last concert / gig you attended?

Booked for PiL in June, Kentish Town.
Yippee, haven’t seen Johnny in quite awhile…

The Zombies (with Rod Argent and Colin Blunstone) in Fort Lauderdale last night. Mr. Blunstone’s pipes are still splendid.

Simple Minds at the Brighton Centre last night. I’ve been going to Simple Minds shows for 40 years and last night was up there with the best of them. They were on stage for two and a half hours so we certainly got our money’s worth.

War on Drugs, last week here in Copenhagen. Great concert, unfortunately the sound was quite muddied.

Anthony Gomes at Stickyz’s in Little Rock. He is a pretty fine guitarist.

Is there a mask mandate in the UK concert venue currently?

In Chicago we still need to wear one at all time. :mask:

No.

1 Like

Bert,
Got the ticket for Sokolov at Concertgebouw! Not the best seat but at least filled one of my bucket list. :grin: ( hope it won’t get cancelled again )

1 Like

Phil & the boys (aka Genesis) at The O2 in London. A great show

2 Likes

Who’s on drums?

1 Like

It’s Phil’s son Nic Collins. A very worthy replacement! (Phil did play tambourine :sunglasses: )!

1 Like

Missed out on Kokoroko last night as my other half had to work really gutted especially as Arsenal got spanked!

The UK is more than just England. Masks are still required in Scotland.

1 Like

I beg your pardon. I stand corrected. Kind of highlights the lack of coherence in the UKs Covid policy.

I’ve been to several concerts during the last year that had mask mandates. In the US every single one had the exception of not requiring one while eating or drinking. So no masks at a concert while drinking, so ……

It’s a dilemma. I should be wearing one but I have difficulty breathing through one due to my health issues.

Meanwhile, Muti has been detected with Covid in Chicago… :face_with_thermometer: Covid is still lurking just around the corner.

John Smith at the Chapel Arts Centre Bath.

It was a beautiful, soulful and subtle evening.

Which night were you there? I saw them 24th and the final ever show on the 26th. Really was good and of course emotional…

1 Like

I was there on the 24th. I felt privileged to have witnessed one of their final performances and they exceeded my expectations by a long way.
It must have been wonderful for you on that last evening! It felt emotional enough on the Thursday evening, I can’t begin to imagine how you all felt on Saturday.

1 Like

Just back from Midlake in the Button Factory in Dublin.

.sjb

3 Likes