What was the last concert / gig you attended?

Sorry to hear that @JMC. Maybe there will be a tour on your side of the Atlantic, this new album is at least as good as “So” IMHO.

1 Like

Amazing gig and the sound was top notch, the Germans are mental for DM:

3 Likes

Very much looking forward to seeing him in Montreal in September. Do you think he will try his hand at québécois?

Arctic M’s with daughter and her friends - not my thing but a great time was had by all

5 Likes

Listen to new album The Car, it’s really well recorded.

3 Likes

I certainly wouldn’t put it past him! :blush:

1 Like

Roger Waters’ latest tour, “This Is Not A Drill” at the O2 in London (what a dump of a venue) is as spectacular as one might expect. Yet underneath the visual and sonic bombast, it’s perhaps his most heartfelt outing to date. I don’t agree with some of his positions (Ukraine especially) but old Chuckles emerges as a real human being, for all his flaws; vulnerable even. 10 out of 10 from me.

7 Likes

Emerson String Quartet & Emanuel Ax

346717295_23854288052400167_7277515215484222471_n

I was glad to attend their final concert in Chicago. Packed house and they delivered a fine performance. I was a bit disappointed soundwise due to our off-axis seating. They sounded too far so I did not have a usual immersive experience. Lyric for String sounded too lean missing the warmth. Shosty’s String Quartet No.12, i missed some accents and textures I hear from their CD here.
Dvorak’s Piano Quintet fared better albeit there was a few misplaying by Ax and some notes were blurred. Tho this is probably my preference to someone who plays clearer and precise ( Like Richter ).

Program

Walker
Lyric for Strings

Shostakovich
String Quartet No. 12

Dvořák
Piano Quintet No. 2

Brahms
Second Movement: Andante, un poco adagio from Piano Quintet in F Minor, Op. 34 [Encore]

6 Likes

Both nights of Roger Waters at the O2. First night the other half couldn’t make it as she wasn’t feeling well so I took her sister along instead. First night was so good I didn’t want her to miss out and astonishingly there were still excellent seats available on the O2 website on the day for the 2nd night, and I was more than happy to go again.

6 Likes

This, now!

3 Likes

And now this…

3 Likes

What’s “this”?

I see a dog on the bassdrum head, but…nada.

Could be a young Jarvis Cocker :upside_down_face: for all I know…

1 Like

He’s not so young, Stevie, but he most certainly is Jarvis. Pulp, St. Anne’s Park, Dublin. Great show, tight band, and Richard Hawley joined them for the last few numbers. Onwards - Mr Waters in Manchester tomorrow.

1 Like

I have a couple of tickets for the Rocky Horror Show in Eastbourne in two weeks’ time (as it’s not showing in Brighton this time round). I last saw it in Brighton a few years’ back, with Michael Aspel (of all people) as the compere.

Binker Golding last night at The Boileroom in Guildford. An evening to remember of hard hitting sax driven new British jazz.
Shout out to Guildford Jazz for getting Binker to play.

3 Likes

Robert Cray Band at the Indigo at O2 in London last night. First time in that venue for me but can’t say I’m a huge fan of it. The sound was good but the balcony was very steep so the viewing angles weren’t great and lots of heads in the way despite the gradient.

My son’s band at the regional high school band competition.

I can’t quite believe I get to say this, but they came first out of the eighteen regional finalists (taken from more than seventy entrants). Next step nationals.

9 Likes

Congratulations :+1:

1 Like

I thought it was Austin Powers.

1 Like

Placebo, City Hall Newcastle on 7 June. A single snap from the encore as the band requested cameras not be used throughout the gig (and refreshingly weren’t).

2 Likes