What was the last concert / gig you attended?

The Pag (Michel Pagliaro) rock and rolling at Italfest this evening.

2 Likes

Hamish Hawk at the Black Prince in Northampton. I feel this is a name that will be on everyone’s tongue in the next few years

2 Likes

Great shot!

1 Like

Mr and Mrs Fripp brought their Sunday Lunch to a local mini-festival

6 Likes

Mrs Fripp is dressed quite demurely for a change

3 Likes

Friday night, a nice intimate Ese solo show at Mezzanine in Tooting.

Ese & The Vooduu People Setlist Mezzanine, Tooting Broadway, England 2023
Edit this setlist | More Ese & The Vooduu People setlists
5 Likes

Many thanks for all the kind comments in response to my post 1117 above and the uplifting experience of seeing Editors.

In particular, thanks for the words of @QuickSticks, @Pete_the_painter and @SiBrighton. Cremation went very well and playing ‘Two Sunsets’ and ‘I Giorni’ by Einaudi during the service was very moving.

We all move on to our own ‘Garden to nuture and protect’ - a sentiment articulated by the great Neil Peart.

4 Likes

Nice one @TheKevster.

See you Tuesday - going to be a good night :sunglasses:

Seeing Summer Breeze in the setlist reminds me when I rehearsed briefly with a band who played Tamla and such - coming straight from punk/reggae playing, I had no idea how the drum part for SB went, embarrassingly!

1 Like

It’s an amazing lineup @steviebee

Ese (electric guitar, vocals)
Jackson Baird (keyboards)
Indigo Pearce (bass)
Kissangwa Mbouta (drums, vocals)
Wilmer Sifontes (percussion)
Sheena Ross (vocals)
Teodoro Verdossi (electric guitar)
Vanya Lima (backing vocals)
Jay Phelps (trumpet)
Ben Donnelly (tenor sax)
The Reverend Be Atwell (MC)

1 Like

Good to see Sheena back!

Can’t wait :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Two concerts with different sets and then next day wait in line for 45 minutes to grab expensive merchandise. Marketing on steroids.

It’s all about the marketing…

Corporate bs.

1 Like

I went to see the 1981 Peter Hall production of Benjamin Britten’s ‘A Midsummer Night’s Dream’ at Glyndebourne yesterday. This was the first opera I ever saw at Glyndebourne about 20 years ago and I loved it then. However, yesterday’s performance was even better. The combination of Hall’s brilliant production and Britten’s superb score and libretto creates a truly magical experience. Tim Mead as Oberon and Liv Redpath as Tytania were outstanding, helped in no small part by Dalia Stasevska’s conducting of the LPO. I can’t recommend this highly enough should you get the chance to go

1 Like

Wonderful performance of Jonathan Dove’s Mansfield Park at Waterperry Opera Festival on Saturday. Took 3 friends who were rather apprehensive but who thoroughly enjoyed it as well.

An incredible (if I do say so myself) sold-out show by Ese & The Vooduu People at Pizza Express Holborn. Great to see @steviebee and @crispyduck there too…

Ese & The Vooduu People Setlist Pizza Express Live, London, England 2023
Edit this setlist | More Ese & The Vooduu People setlists
7 Likes

Absolutely brilliant concert Kev - really talented musicians and a great atmosphere!

3 Likes

Saw Hamish Hawk at The Joiners, Southampton last year. Really great live, a real character. He is a great songwriter with a keen eye on the society. As you say, he will only get better. Well worth a listen.

1 Like

I saw the mighty Swans at the Albert Hall in Manchester last Saturday, absolutely incredible, intense and extremely loud 2 hour set

5 Likes

Johnny Marr at Cheese&Grain in Frome last night. Terrible photo, but I was having too much fun to worry. Billy Duffy from The Cult joined the band for a couple of numbers, excellent playing. Tonight, Jake Xerxes Fussel at the Jericho, here in Oxford.

3 Likes

No photos allowed during the performance, but was at Nik Bärtsch’s Ronin gig at Ronnie Scott’s last week. Ausgezeichnet.

2 Likes