What was the last concert / gig you attended?

Shhhh…I am.

Well, me and a few others. You should come to one of our plaster-caster planning meetings…

Indigo is in for a surprise!

2 Likes

Easy Star Allstars gig a few weeks back in the Hare and Hounds, Brum.

To say there was a smell of “exotic tobacco” in the air was an understatement - haha.

4 Likes

Neither did I you learn something new everyday.

2 Likes

:laughing:

2 Likes

I got sent to Coventry!

6 Likes

The National at Alexandra Palace last night. Sad dad rock to perfection.

4 Likes

“I am trying to break your heart” is, in my opinion, the best rock n roll movie ever made. The sheer idiocy of record labels exposed by one of rock’s greatest characters

Had a great recital from Krystian Zimerman last night. At first I was a bit amazed to arrive in the hall with three pianos on the podium. One artist three pianos. But then it became clear he wanted us to experience the differences in how pianos can sound. So he went with four nocturnes of Chopin and always played the pieces twice……, once on his own piano and once on one of the other two pianos. Quite an interesting experiment for us audiophiles.

The playing was also great - so a great evening.

3 Likes

Niiiiice!
Where was this?

Nuremberg - the clue is in the programme!

Zimerman needs to shave off some of that beard before his face is completely engulfed!

1 Like

Ah now I see it.
Yeah he’s only 62 and start looking like Santa Claus.
Have you seen him live? Crazy I can’t find his concert schedule!

No, I have not had that pleasure. I’ve seen Maurizio Pollini many times, Emil Gilels just the once (on the night that the SAS stormed the Iranian Embassy in another part of London), and Radu Lupu (who got ‘lost’ trying to get off the stage at the Brighton Dome). Much more recently, I saw the very talented Yuja Wang as part of this year’s Brighton Festival - she managed to fall off the ridiculously high heels (that she wears habitually) at the end of her concert.

I’ve also seen Pollini several times but last two recitals were cancelled due to his failing health. I do not think I will get to see him again. ( he lost much of his chops anyhow )
I also have seen Radu Lupu once but he was struggling with the Beethoven PC3. Shortly after he has retired.
Zimmerman and Argerich are still on my bucket list. I finally secured the tickets for Martha next year in Monte-Carlo! ( so I’ll check out the F1 cct. whilst we are there, too ) :upside_down_face:

I keep missing Yuja in Chicago. A friend told me there was a live stream from The Concertgebouw a few nights ago Yuja playing Ravel’s Left Hand Concerto with her BF Klaus Makela. I would have loved to seen/ hear that set.

1 Like

Dawes at Hardly Strictly Bluegrass ~ free all weekend in Golden Gate Park, San Francisco

2 Likes
4 Likes

Paul Carrack at Southend Cliffs Pavilion - 29th September 2023. Brilliant show and seen him several times before.

2 Likes

Eric Gales at the Big Steam Festival in Hot Springs, Arkansas.

I don’t know Eric used a glove puppet for his fretboard work…

Wait till Emu finds out.

Don’t understand the comment. The first picture is his dog that sits on his wife’s lap while he plays. He introduced the dog “Crown” to the crowd. Very calm and pretty 9 month old poodle.

When I saw the photos, the dog just reminded me of a large glove puppet. That’s all. An (obviously) failed attempt at humour.

I’m guessing the Emu reference didn’t help either (near-legendary large glove puppet in the UK).

Seeing as your avatar is Marty Feldman, I thought you may be from the UK or aware of aspects of its comedic culture.

The gag failed…

1 Like