What was the last concert / gig you attended?

Huh. So proverbial a girl with a guitar now is a girl with a harp :grinning:

1 Like

A “bucket list” show for me – I’ve been wanting to see Norah Jones live for quite a while. She opened her current tour here in Boston last week and my wife and I thoroughly enjoyed it. She is SUCH a great talent!

7 Likes

I recieved these 3 little beauties in the post today.

They are mugs with the set lists on them of 3 very memorable gigs I attended. What a great way to rekindle memories :clap::guitar::notes::drum:

4 Likes

Bruce Springsteen - Principality Stadium, Cardiff 05/05/21

3 Likes

Jethro Tull, The Glasshouse Gateshead.

9 Likes

Denys Baptiste performing the music of John Coltrane at Pizza Express, Soho. Two sets, first set covered the early ‘60s and started with Naima. The second set was a Love Supreme in it’s entirety complete with a sax and drums ‘free’ session at the end.

5 Likes

The wonderful Orchestra Baobab at Koko in london last week.

5 Likes

Eric Clapton opening night of his 2024 tour at The Newcastle Arena.
Excellent performance but the acoustics in The Arena are not the best.
Nice to see a full and appreciable house for Andy Fairweather Low who was LOUD.
Hardly anyone watched his opening performance at he RAH last time round.

4 Likes

Did you get them from Tynemouth Market?

Arctic Monkeys at the London Emirates, good gig but crazy amount of echo in that stadium where we were. Looking forward to seeing bands at some more outdoor venues in the summer!

2 Likes

Phish at the Sphere in Vegas. A bit of a gamble as it was the first time I flew anywhere for a show (lazy music fan I guess) and wasn’t sure it would be worth it. Well, it was worth it. That venue is deeply impressive. The visuals are next level and just need to be experienced (the screen is 3.7 acres…), but the sound was an equal surprise. Stunning. I suspect it will only get better as bands and their production companies get it dialed in. Will I still appreciate the ‘standard’ Phish light show? Absolutely, but I’ll definitely try to catch another Sphere show when they return. It’s been a few weeks since the show, but it sticks with you.

5 Likes

Keane at the o2. Today, well yesterday. Very good. The Lathums in support were also very good.

2 Likes

John Metcalfe in the beautiful St. Barnabas church, Jericho, Oxford, last night. Simply stunning music.

4 Likes

Last sunday 5th May…Gordon Giltrap and John Etheridge at Severn Theatre Shrewsbury…both superb guitarists and I’m proud to call GG a friend. …borrowed piccie off the web.

4 Likes

Patitucci, Weckl & Calderazzo - Teatro Ristori, Verona, 15th May 2024

I’ve always liked Weckl and Patitucci, they formed a great trio with Chick Corea. I didn’t know what to expect with Calderazzo and it’s been quite a delightful surprise. Very engaging music with great rhythm, to my ears it seemed somehow closer to jazz fusion than I could have anticipated. The audience was really pleased. Highly recommended.

3 Likes

Last night Bridgnorth Theatre on the Steps…Buddy Holly and Roy Orbison tribute act …Darren Page really does have the voice of the Big O.
Great evening,

2 Likes

Great concert last night. Sir Willard White in great voice and humour and wonderful accompanist on piano Anna Tilbrook. Schubert to Americana.

2 Likes

Katherine Priddy at the Union Chapel. She’s an excellent folk singer songwriter, supported by violin and electric guitar she gave a compelling set, followed by a much deserved standing ovation.

4 Likes

Bill Frisell @ Islington Assembly Rooms - Wednesday
Mike Stern @ Ronnie Scotts - Thursday

Both good gigs, however, would have been better suited if the venues were the other way round, i.e Bill @ Ronnies instead.

2 Likes

Currently at dinner break at the Diode electronic music festival in Arnold, Nottingham, just down the road from me. Enjoyed the first couple of acts, particularly as the sound quality is tremendous.

2 Likes