What was the last concert / gig you attended?

Paloma Faith, Bournemouth last night

1 Like

“Kind of Blue Live” playing the music of Miles and KoB in full at the Electric Theatre in Guildford last night. Great musicians and proof there’s great music to be had in small venues.

5 Likes

I was also there and agree it was a delightful evening, sadly theatre only half full, and wasn’t the horn player young! £15 vey well spent!

1 Like

I was at a magical Bruckner 8 with the Bamberger Symphoniker and there honorary conductor Herbert Blomstedt…., amazing that he is still confiscation at 96, just 2 months to 97…

8 Likes

Great to see he has recovered!
Earlier he has cancelled the concert in the US due to doctor’s order.
And Bruckner 8? Wow! It takes some stamina to conduct any Bruckner!

You mixed up Bruckner and Mahler…, but anyhow 90 minutes of Bruckner is in any case quite a thing for any conductor. And even while he was sitting, it was a great accomplishment, and I didn’t get the impression you might sometimes get from an old artist that he shouldn’t do this anymore, it was a great Bruckner 8. And was more amazing he went on the arm of the concert master three times back to receive the excited applause from the audience. Hope he will stay a bit longer with us.

3 Likes

Acid Mothers Temple. I really must start wearing earplugs at gigs. My ears are ringing this morning and my phone tells me it was 115db.

4 Likes

April/May have been busy having seen Lainey Wilson, Jon Pardi and Kacey Musgraves all at the O2 Glasgow.

2 Likes

So sorry about your Dad’s passing

Best wishes

Ian

1 Like

Wonderful, slightly jealous

Ian

1 Like

I can understand @Ian2001
I will be there again at 25/06 for Mr. Olafsson with the Goldberg Variationen

1 Like

Very jealous!

1 Like

The Bevis Frond Sat 18th May at Lexington.

Just over 2 hours of sheer brilliance.

2 Likes

I can deeply recommend to visit the Elphi once in a lifetime. When I attended it the first time I was totally astonished and had goosebumps during the whole concert

EC at RAH
Last night at the RAH, EC’s second of four. Good tight band, as to be expected of such a group of musicians. He still has a strong voice and the guitar playing is still amazing, along with contributions from the rest of the band. Can’t believe he is 79 and still touring the world.

8 Likes

Is that another “Crashocaster” he is playing? Pleased you enjoyed his performance and good to hear he is still on form.

I looked at the guitar just before they came on and said the same to my wife, it was definitely colourful, but an angular pattern rather than the flowing. If it is, I expect it will be auctioned at the end of the tour for the Crossroads Centre. Did look nice, but so did the black strat he played as well.

1 Like

Thanks for that, yes, it’s always nice that he can auction the guitars for his centre.

It was a good gig, about 30% of the songs were changed from the last tour, and others had different arrangements so they sounded quite updated. I expect that is to keep it fresh, and they are switching a few songs on alternate nights. He seemed more immersed in the music this time, eyed closed and listening to others band members play.
I just hope that I can still get aroiund at that age, let alone lead a band.

1 Like

Is that Doyle Bramhall II on guitar?