What was the last concert / gig you attended?

Yes, he wears some odd outfits, but he plays real good. It was ineteresting how he watched EC so closely, they have a close bond

2 Likes

Brilliant - I’m a big Doyle fan and in particular the band he had with Charlie Sexton - Arc Angels.

1 Like

I remember them well, they were really good. I also saw Doyle in Smokestack, was that with is former wife?
Good guy.

2 Likes

Likewise, I saw them supporting EC at RAH, he seemed to join EC on stage and in the studio not long after that.

Yes, Doyle managed to clean up and became a really good second guitar and arranger. Best recent gig was Hyde Park 2018, that rocked.

1 Like

Last saw Eric in '06, mostly because of the rising expense of gigs and funnily enough, the over familiarity of the more recent set lists. However that gig was Doyle, plus Derek, so I’ve no complaints .

Jesse Cook at the Queen Elizabeth Hall, South Bank, London. Friday 17th.
Saw him last year at the Islington Assembly Hall, which was poorly attended. Full house this time. Very lively crowd.

1 Like

Eric Clapton in Liverpool 11 may. Managed to get second row seats bang in the middle. My wife and I were making eye contact with him. Not something I generally expect when attending a gig. Pretty damn amazing :ok_hand:t2::guitar:

9 Likes

Minami Deutsch at The Green Door Store in Brighton. Fab!

3 Likes

Great venue !

1 Like

Another evening in Guildford. Master kora player Suntou Susso. Promoted by the Electric Theatre, but performed and recorded in the intimate space of one of the Academy of Contemporary Music recording studios. Everyone in the audience gets a recording of the event at some time.

3 Likes

I was at the RAH last night to see Eric. The seats were slightly further away! I was late to the booking site! Great gig though.

9 Likes

Saw Svalbard on their first ever Australian tour. Fantastic show. Picked up their new album on vinyl which had Serena herself running the merch stall. All round lovely folks.

3 Likes

Järvi/CSO: Mahler Symphony 2

Conductor:

Neeme Järvi

Mezzo:

Karen Cargill

Soprano:

Mari Eriksmoen

Chorus Director:

James Bass

Spectacular concert. Just wow! :heart_eyes:This was the first time I got to hear this live. The last time CSO played this symphony was back in 2008 with Haitink on the podium. This must have been one of the best live concert I have heard at the Symphony Centre where I just let tears come down form my eyes. Old man Järvi was still in a top form. ( maybe not as animated as Lenny’s ) but he had a right firm handle on the band throughout. Timing was near perfection with an excellent dynamic expression. There are no hifi systems capable of producing the tutti of this magnitude! It simply needs to be experienced LIVE~

That Mezzo on the left [Karen Cargill] was excellent! Her rendition “Urlicht” moved me. :smiling_face_with_tear:

!

9 Likes

Were you caught up in the 5 hour delay on the A3 by any chance ?

Fortunately train and hotel was the order of the day! :+1:

Great pics. Saw him at the RAH, and thought that he was on top form. Lost a bit of weight, visibly more flexible and mobile, smiling at the band, joyous to watch. He seemed a changed man……

1 Like

Yeah he seems incredibly well. Quite surprising. He must have the same doctor as mick jagger!

No rest for me as I went to another gig last night and was enthralled by Botch who after breaking up some 20 years ago re-formed and embarked on a world tour, including visiting Australia for the first time. An utterly fantastic show, playing all of my faves (with only two albums and an EP the percentage is high) alongside some amusing stage banter. To everyone’s delight they even played a brand new song to the crowd, an absolute barn-stormer that I hope means they are working on a brand new album.

1 Like

Gary Numan last Friday at the Ritz Manchester. Unbelievably , the 45th anniversary of Replicas and The Pleasure Principle albums

4 Likes