What was the last concert / gig you attended?

Catching up after a busy weekend (for a stayathome)…

Sat night, with @TheKevster (thanks Kev!) at RAH experiencing Nick Mason’s Saucerful Of Secrets. What a tremendous venue, and utterly wonderful music!
To say I was impressed is a huge understatement.

Then Sunday afternoon at the Satanist Fair at Electrowerkz, Angel. Nice enough Goth flea market, though I couldn’t find the new skull ring I was hoping for…the band playing in the bar were captivating (bought their CD)
Ays Kura on keyboards, guitar and theramin and Takasuna Mukai on electric violin. Good stuff…

Lovely weekend… Knackered! Luckily, day off today so enjoying the memory.

Can’t wait to see SoS again…ordered the CD/DVD. Will probably get the LP set too.

4 Likes

I absolutely love that @steviebee !

“Did you do anything on Sunday?”

“Yeah, I went to the Satanist Fair and bought a skull ring.”

“Nice. Did you watch the football later on?”

:wink:

2 Likes

LOL…
Didn’t get the ring, but we bought a cool death mask.

Football…wassat?!

3 Likes

Setlist @steviebee - thanks for being such good company!

Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets Setlist Royal Albert Hall, London, England 2024, Set the Controls Tour
Edit this setlist | More Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets setlists
7 Likes

@steviebee and I were standing right in front of the mixing desk at the RAH, so we were able to observe the lady doing the oil liquid light show - just as it was done back in the day…

9 Likes

Elbow, Trinity College, Dublin - 1st July

5 Likes

Out of curiosity is that a finger ring with a skull on it, or a head piercing?

1 Like

Head definitely- nothing in mine so it’ll fit nicely…

1 Like

He looks like he slept in a hedge.

Nils Frahm at Birmingham Symphony Hall last night…

5 Likes

My first thought was Stephen Fry, dressing down. Never seen them together at the same time :thinking:

Sorry for my curiosity but I have seen an old post about a gig you attend: LED ZEPPELIN 16 January 1973 in Aberystwyth - King’s Hall. Did you remember their set list ? Or at least which encore was played after “Whole Lotta Love” medley ? Surely at the time their set list was this: Rock And Roll
Over The Hills And Far Away
Out On The Tiles (Intro)
Black Dog
Misty Mountain Hop
Since I’ve Been Loving You
Dancing Days
Bron-Yr-Aur Stomp
The Song Remains The Same
The Rain Song
Dazed And Confused
San Francisco
Stairway To Heaven
Whole Lotta Love

First encore usually “Heartbreaker” but as you were there perhaps did you remember anything else !
Well any additional information is welcome ! Thanks again for your kindly attention !

1 Like

To be honest - it was my first gig that I had been to at the ripe old age of 16 so my memory of the gig and setlist are virtually nonexistant. I have looked online and it seems to be ‘Heartbreaker’

2 Likes

The War on Drugs at the Royal Albert Hall last night. You always know what you’re going to get from WOD live but hugely enjoyable and ‘Under the Pressure’ remains as one of the great live experiences from any band

10 Likes

The marvelous Tommy Smith and his Karma Quartet - Edinburgh Jazz Festival in an arts centre near Haymarket. Cracking high velocity jazz.

3 Likes

War on drugs, tonight (Friday 12th July) at the Royal Albert Hall.
My first time seeing them.
I hope it’s not the last.
Simply superb.
“Under The Pressure” is certainly one of the best live experiences I’ve ever had.

9 Likes

Marcus Miller at Ronnie Scott’s. It was great to see such a legendary player up close. So close I thought I was sitting in on the drums.

6 Likes

Who was the drummer?

Completely different than most posting here:
P!nk @ the Johan Cruijf (Amsterdam) Arena (with the missus).

Not the most audiophile environment, standing in the middle of the arena good/ok sound none the less. Great show though and a good performer with nice interaction with the public.

1 Like

Back right (three musicians) middle guy Jimi Hendrix?

1 Like