What was the last concert / gig you attended?

On holiday in Canada (Vancouver) and realised Robert Plant was in town same time as us, copped 2 tickets 3hrs before the show for peanuts.
Percy has still got it. When the Levee Breaks was something I’ll never ever forget…

11 Likes

Squeeze at King George’s Hall, Blackburn on 3rd August. Great night. Couple of new songs and all the biggies.

6 Likes

Manic Street Preachers and Suede at a beautiful Alexandria Palace in the summer sun. London skyline backdrop.

Couldn’t have been a better evening.

3 Likes

PJ Harvey Gunnersby Park London Sunday 18th August

7 Likes

Lana Del Rey Leeds festival

6 Likes

Sister Cookie among others at the small, local and exceedingly pleasant Clerkenwell Festival yesterday. Clerkenwell is one of my most favourite areas of London.

A nice afternoon, nice crowd and some good music…

Very tempted by a couple of Cramps bootlegs on the record stalls but I was warned off by my wife.

Followed by drinks and food at The (Jerusalem as was) Holy Arms pub nearby

3 Likes

The Zutons at The Live Rooms in Chester last night, 25/8. Brilliant.

4 Likes

I’m at the End Of The Road festival for tge weekend. Highlights from Thursday. I love Richard Dawson and he didn’t disappoint - a singular talent

Then came a masterclass from Bonnie Prince Billy - I doubt I will see anything better this weekend

4 Likes

Have you seen Cornelius yet? Seeing him this Friday at the Barbican and interested to hear what you think.

1 Like

He’s playing the Big Top midnight Sunday so will tell you after that. Definitely on my list to see!

1 Like

Master class ? In what exactly? I think you’ve been had sir.
Martin

What a pointless comment. If you don’t like him then just say so and stop trolling me

1 Like

John Edwards & Steve Noble with Binker Golding at Cafe Oto. Two 45 minutes sets of one improvised piece each - fantastic musicianship and interplay, the sheer physicality was something to behold.

5 Likes

wow. Cornelius touring? Cool! Report back!

Will do. Seen him once before when he was in the U.K. bizarrely at a festival in my local park 3 mins walk from my house. More to follow…

1 Like

King Hannah at Heartbreakers Southampton. Really great evening in a small venue. Great sound from talented musicians. Best gig I’ve been to for some time.

7 Likes

Nice to read this :+1:
I‘ll be going to their gig in Berlin this week

1 Like

Bradford lads still put on a great show and sing-along.

2 Likes

Robyn Hitchcock - Bath Komedia

Fantastic show littered with highlights. How about this for an encore Astronomy Domine,Lucifer Sam(Pink Floyd), Rain(Beatles).

2 Likes

I was there right up front. Absolutely loved it. The album is great but they took it to another level live with sterling guitar work. I went next night too in Brighton, again fab…I also really liked Pina Palau as support…

3 Likes