What was the last concert / gig you attended?

I am being taken to see Cornelius by my son tonight - looking forward to it. I don’t know much about them. My son loves the support act too who he saw earlier this week at St Martins in the Field…Ichiko Aoba

1 Like

I’ve been streaming their albums from Qobuz but bought the Big Swimmer CD at the gig as I figured they don’t make a lot from the gigs or from streaming. The gig tickets were a real bargain for this calibre of music.

3 Likes

Trademark shirt. He must have bought a job lot.

1 Like

I wasn’t aware of the support. By complete coincidence I downloaded some of her stuff from bandcamp last year. Looking forward to both performances. Cornelius last time round had some pretty impressive graphics behind the band.

2 Likes

Wish I’d been there, those songs are in Robyn’s DNA! Kimberley Rew (writer of “Walking On Sushine” who happily “retired” on the eye watering proceeds of that and many other “Katrina and The Waves” songs)on lead and his wife on bass. Morris Windsor on drums maybe?

2 Likes

He changed into a different shirt for the encore. Maybe he has a limited supply of different designs?

1 Like

30 + years ago??

2 Likes

Yep spot on Morris was on drums. Seriously if you are a Hitchcock fan don’t miss these gigs. Kimberly Rew is 72 & Robyn Hitchcock is 71. How many more cracking gigs like these will we see?

1 Like

Alabama 3, acoustic, just now in Stroud. “Let’s have some f*cking gangster rock n roll!”. Fun night.

3 Likes

He’s playing Earth on 14th but we can’t make it unfortunately. I’m 75 so fully understand what time left there is and count myself fortunate in having seen see Robyn and the Soft Boys many times over the past 40 years or so, a true English eccentric sorely underrated and a fine songwriter and guitarist. Great that you were able so see him.
Chris

2 Likes

Cornelius supported by Ichiko Aoba last night at the Barbican in London. The latter was thoughtful and introspective, but Cornelius more than made up for it with some loud guitar driven freak outs. Some old faves including starfruits surf rider and count five or six, and more recent material. Great fun, although it did go on a bit too long for my ageing bladder. Watched the last few songs from the back after an urgent trip to the loo.

8 Likes

Great! I listen to Fantasma on a record now instead of a CD I originally bought! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like

That’s the picture in Roon, thank you all for the inspiration!

With Robyn Hitchcock now…

Albino Tarantino followed by Alabama 3 Acoustic @ The Subscription Rooms Stroud, last night.

4 Likes

I thought the evening was outstanding and an assault on the senses at times! Really enjoyed the support and the last piece she played that went on for some time was superb. Cornelius was a lot of fun and a complete audio/visual feast. Good night out…

6 Likes

Much better photos than mine too!

1 Like

Seeing him Thursday at the Jericho Tavern here in Oxford tiny venue, should get great.

1 Like

Better photo than mine, NogBad! Great show, and Albino Tarantino were great too.

1 Like

Was sat bang in the middle front row.

Nice! I was further back, but got up to strut my funky stuff (more accurately, creak about in my arthritic way!).