What was the last concert / gig you attended?

Enjoy it & report back.

Will do.

Good god. HE has not aged! He must be a vampire!

2 Likes

Bit late but … Nick Mason’s Saucerful of Secrets in Oxford, perfectly timed for the evening of my birthday back in June :slightly_smiling_face: Hugely enjoyable, playing Echoes was a fantastic surprise, and incredible live.

7 Likes

Green Day
Smashing Pumpkins
Rancid
Linda Lindas
@Coors Field Denver

4 Likes

Saw Agalloch (top pic) and Suldusk (bottom pic) on Friday night and was quite possibly the best gig I’ve ever experienced. I never thought I’d get the opportunity to see Agalloch live here in Australia, especially when they disbanded a decade ago but as John Haughm quipped onstage, the band “collectively got over their s***” and decided to finally visit our shores. And I couldn’t have been happier.

Also big shout out to Aussies Suldusk whom I had only discovered recently but they too knocked it out of the park.

A magical night.

2 Likes

Robyn Hitchcock at the Jericho Tavern here in Oxford last night. Intelligent, funny and so talented. Did lots of favourites - Queen Elvis, I Wanna Destroy You, Madonna of the Wasps, etc. - and included Itchycoo Park and Waterloo Sunset in the encores. Magic.

5 Likes

Was there indication that a new album might be forthcoming from Agalloch?

No, sadly, no new music played or mentioned. Seeing how well they played and how much they enjoyed being up on stage I’m hoping it’s a catalyst for fresh music. Time has not dulled their talent.

Waters Edge Festival in Newport, Shropshire. Superb day of local bands in the deer park.

Gruff Rhys at The Barbican on Friday evening.

Support from the always brilliant Jane Weaver

Top night

4 Likes

Just waiting for The Bathers to appear

2 Likes

Elvis Costello and Attractions pianist Steve Nieve at the New Theatre, Oxford, yesterday evening.

Overall pretty self-indulgent, though Watching the Detectives, Oliver’s Army,This Year’s Model, and (What’s so funny 'bout) Peace, Love and Understanding were electrifying.

We felt old and grey. So fitted in perfectly.

1 Like

Lovely set from Ryley Walker last night at “Strange Brew” in Bristol, nice venue, seated maybe 200 or so there. Claimed to be Ryley’s last ever tour and no new album “anytime soon”. That would be very sad, terrific musician great sense of humour despite his past personal struggles. No band this time, hope he makes some money this time around, smart move to have all his albums available on vinyl and CD at the merch desk, he was busily signing as we left. Great night!

2 Likes

I’m off to see him at Cafe OTO in Hackney on Friday evening so looking forward to that. Saw him 2 years ago at End of the Road festival where he was ‘clean’ and in good spirits. I hope that this isn’t his last tour

We couldn’t get tickets for Cafe Oto, so decided to spend a couple of days in Bristol, took the train, very civilised, enjoy the show.

1 Like

The Pete Roth Trio at Growlers and Cans, a small bar in Guildford.
Featuring Pete on guitar, Mike Pratt on bass and the legendary Bill Bruford on drums. A full on evening of proggy, free jazz. Nice.

2 Likes

is that london?

Indeed - not far from Dalston Junction in Hackney