What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Thanks Ian I have The Space Trio - Little Girl Blue which is excellent and so am hoping for similar quality and of course I’ve streamed HOB many times but having a vinyl copy will be just brilliant.

2 Likes

Donald Byrd Band & Voices - A New Perspective, Blue Note/Classic Series (2024)

A brilliant album and KG’s cut is a big improvement over my 75th anniversary copy and thankfully Optimal haven’t done anything to spoil what is a cracking reissue.

4 Likes

4 Likes

There is some brilliant stuff on this album. The track from the Tohru Aizawa Quartet is unreal. The J-Jazz label have a release of the Tohru Aizawa Quartet album, Tachibana that is well worth picking up if you do like that track.

2 Likes

:heart_hands::chicken::pie:

7 Likes

You may also like (this thread): :arrow_left:

Porcupine Tree The Delerium Years 1991 - 1993
9 LP Box Set Fantastic in every way

4 Likes

Cleaned on the Degritter and ready to play…

2012 Music On Vinyl reissue… :sunglasses: :+1:

6 Likes

The other day i was fortunate enough to be invited around to a private collectors prefab hangout. I’m unsure what to call it Maybe invitation only “Vinyl surplus shop of a private collector “it’s like a large listening room where he hangs out during the day, apparently he also has a 4 bedroom house with floor to ceiling lp’s in each room. He also told me he’s is in his 40’s and onto his 3rd wife :joy:
Anyway must of been around 10,000 lps of top end quality first pressings, mofi, excellent reissues! all for sale, seriously it’s a goldmine and 2/3 price of disgos. I
was like a kid in a candy store. he even has a $7,000 vinyl cleaning machine you can use to clean your new lp’s with.
i ended up what these random lps from my hunt.

Talkingheads is a US reissue and sounds very very good. bottom end is to die for.

The Stone Roses taken from the master tapes and once again very good sounding.

Hello Sailor A complete Kiwi classic @Mike_S first press and sounds like it was recorded last week.

Wow what a day it was, Gee you meet some interesting people is this hobby. i can honestly say he was very very very unique :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

Yes, that’s quite a thing he has going there. But, I’m not surprised it comes at a cost!

1 Like

Latest import from Burning Shed in the UK (great service again, landing at home in 8 days, perfectly packed):

Airbag: Identity, All Rights Removed, A Day at the Beach.
Bjorn Riis: Lullabies In A Car Crash, Forever Comes To An End, Everything to Everyone.
The Pineapple Thief: It Leads To This.

6 Likes

It sure is yellow! Liking the road trip postcards with the lyrics on the reverse…Entertaining album :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

£7.00 from Off The Record run by Willen Hospice in CMK…

11 Likes

10 Likes

Ry Cooder [his first one]

13 Likes

That Stone Roses reissue is very nice indeed :wilted_flower:

1 Like

Was new sealed :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

2020 2x45rpm repress, pressed by Pallas… :grin:

16 Likes

Following a visit to Rearsby, I decided I needed to grab a copy of this showpiece vinyl extravaganza. I doubt it’ll sound quite as impressive on my Ob 2’s as on Peter’s 808’s, but looking forward to cranking this next time I have the house to myself!

14 Likes

Shakira - Unplugged