What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Joe Harriott another great player who originated from Jamaica
:+1:

2 Likes

What is De Agostini?
Cheers

Big Italian publishing conglomerate- they are famous for their partworks

Thanks Kev, sorry for my ignorance but “partworks”?

1 Like

I just searched it on tinternet, interesting, I’ve learnt summink!

1 Like

Looking forward to hearing them Geoff – the old fruit box is away being Karousel’ed at the moment but hopefully it’ll be back soon!

1 Like

Des O’ Connor - Entertains (!Des-Tastic!).

Geoff Love And His Orchestra - Geoff Love’s Christmas Album!

Not really… An ebay vendor with a sense of humour used them as extra packing for the other albums I bought. Made me smile, although upon first opening the box I thought he’d mixed up my order with someone else’s, He said he’s been using up his bargain bin albums as it’s cheaper than buying packing card! Poor Des.

6 Likes

Gorillaz - Song Machine Season One. Deluxe box set, which is beautifully presented.

Bruce Springsteen - Letter To You. On grey vinyl (indie store only).

Leonard Cohen - Various Positions. Early UK pressing.

Big Audio Dynamite - This is Big Audio Dynamite. First UK pressing.

Fleetwood Mac - Tusk. Early UK pressing.

4 Likes

Reminds me of those old Eric Morcambe jokes
:joy:

1 Like

@TheKevster

Name the three, Kev!

Getz, Dolphy and Cannonball Steve. Got them many times over already. Will probably give them to my brother at Xmas to help him build up his jazz vinyl collection.

All great albums… your brother will get a proper jazz baptism with all of em, but especially Out To Lunch!

1 Like

You’ll love the new bearing Kev it really is one of the best upgrades I’ve done. Let me know what you think

4 Likes

Ok I have not bought it yet, but tomorrow I am going to my local record shop, apparently they have several brand new albums from the blue note jazz (tone poet) collection. He told me on the phone what they have , but I forget exactly which ones. He also told me he can order whatever albums I want from Acoustic sounds, so after recently discovering this gem, I will be ordering it. I f you have not heard it, do yourself a favour and check it out.

10 Likes

It’s a great album, I have an early Analogue Productions copy (Stan Ricker).

1 Like

Unfortunately the record shop I was at can not order this album through Analogue Productions, they have limited access to their library here in Canada. I can get it through another label, but have not ordered it yet. These are the ones I grabbed today, all great recordings.

10 Likes

Envy! I have to wait till 6/11 for mine from Amazon UK.

Just received my 9LP Tom Petty Wildflowers Set.
Beautiful. Played one of the Home Demos Records & the first LP of the original album.
The sound & Pressing quality on both are exemplary. Very Happy.

5 Likes

Just arrived from the Bowie Store:

7 Likes

Eels - Earth To Dora. The boxset of this little beauty has landed today.
Just been cleaned ready for tonight …
E ETD

3 Likes