What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

I’m actually still waiting for my copy. Would you write something about the quality of the pressing and the sound? Thanks a lot already…

Hi herman,
Pressing is fine, no noticeable surface noise, only had a few clicks at end of side two of first disc during the audience cheering.
Its a dark mix, drum sound is excellent and deep, Maria’s vocals are clear but the ‘ting’ of the other percussion instruments is abit subdued. Guess thats due to the miking available during the concert.

1 Like

Hi Deeg,
thanks a lot for the info. That gives hope for acoustic enjoyment.
The Limited Edition in gold is hardly available at the moment. Just got an order out in Finland and Im glad they are sending it. However, also ordered one in black to compare…

Congrats on getting the order in, hopefully you enjoy it and find it worth your efforts👍

1 Like

Wasn’t a good idea for a christmas present. so now bought it myself.

Rammstein

2 Likes

UK 1st pressing, used from Discogs and the cheapest near mint listing I’ve seen of this (£26).
The vinyl is absolutely mint with not a click or a pop at all. Cover is a VG+, so a happy bunny.
61Ug-pa0R0L.AC_SY355

6 Likes

Fabulous album @Blackstar – I’ve still got the copy I bought back in 1978 when I was still at school!

It is Kev and I used to have a copy, probably lent it out or left it at a party back in the day!
‘The Correct Use Of Soap’ is my other favourite of theirs.

2 Likes

Pretty disappointed with this tbh. Muddy sounding on my rig and the performances, despite the presence of 3 of the finest guitarists on the planet (Joe, Vince and the incomparable Steuart Smith), are just big stadium pomp and a run through of the back catalogue that sounded way better the first time round. I blame only myself - should have spotified it to confirm I liked it before ordering. Expensive mistake :expressionless:

4 Likes

I think you may just have saved me some hard-earned.

There appear to be several versions of this about and the reviews I’ve read suggest the repro is very good.

1 Like

I ordered a box set off eagles only 2 albums in November from amazon the quality is atrocious as well never again

Dexter Gordon - The Squirrel
Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever - Sideways to New Italy.

3 Likes

I have both these LPs…what diverse taste we have!

Lol. Diverse is one of the kinder words people have used to describe my musical tastes!!

3 Likes

Drums & Wires reissue with bonus 7”

4 Likes

Some of my latest, while at work so no playing yet:
Dylan, first UK press mono. Looks excellent! I do love a flipback…
Sibelius Four Legends, to join my other copies
( you can never have enough Four Legends!), MFSL.
Mr Cohen, live double.

6 Likes

Wire - Chairs Missing
On Vinyl

3 Likes

Good album. Must dig out my copy…

Seven album box set.

8 Likes