What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought?

Pre ordered the green mint coloured double LP, early July before it arrives though :sunglasses:

1 Like

s-l200

45rpm double vinyl…

6 Likes

3 Likes

Just got my 2017 re-release copy - nice to see the inner label retains the nice regal purple colour. Very low surface noise, though overall brighter I think than my original release copy.

Good album, transitional between the earlier one and what came later, especially evident in some of the non-single release tracks.

1 Like

Crumbs, I think I’ll get that for the cover alone!

2 Likes

Mick Ronson - Heaven and Hull - 2015 reissue on vinyl.
MArco :tophat:

3 Likes

Still got my original copy. Interesting stuff.

I went to the local HMV shop this afternoon and came away with these two

41klFy0vpML

London Grammar is 2xLP at 45rpm and sounds stunning.

Haven’t tried the Radiohead yet.

UPDATE: THe Radiohead sounds damned fine too

8 Likes

Released on cassette, too :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

Joy Division Unknown Pleasures - Limited edition release date 14th June, just pre ordered. For me this was THE album of my teenage years. Absolutely love this album and one of my desert island discs for sure. I can still remember listening to Transmission on John Peel’s show and being utterly blown away by it.

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up. I have just pre-ordered it, too. It was an important record to me when I was young and my battered copy of the album disappeared after an all-night party when I was a student. I listened to it on cassette for a while afterwards until the advent of CDs.

I really look forward to it on vinyl again!

David

1 Like

This. A little late to the party but better late than never.

ATB Graham.

8 Likes

2 Likes

Back to 40 minute album, perfect

2 Likes

Benjamin Clementine - I Tell A Fly, gatefold double LP.

Very interesting album that I’m sure will reward many repeats plays. Excellent pressing too, with very good sound quality. Only demerit here is that the inner sleeves have no anti static lining.

2 Likes

An all too common problem, at least with the vinyl I buy. Two things I do with any new vinyl; give it a spin on my RCM, then put it in an anti static inner sleeve.

Transmission isn’t on the album though. It was a single.

Yuko Mabuchi Trio

1 Like

@anon4489532 not entirely sure I understand your post. You are quite correct that transmission is not on this album but the point I was making was remembering listening to transmission on mr peels show and that led me to buy this album. I was 13 at the time and grew up listening to Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley, fats domino, lead belly etc (which I still love and have my dads 50’s and 60’s vinyl which I still play) and to hear joy division at that time was a very defining moment in my life. No record has ever come close to that and it moulded my future and to a large part the person I am. It pointed me in the direction of JG Ballard, Bill Burroughs, Kafka etc. And to hopefully put a smile on your face I am currently typing wearing this -

4 Likes

Ah, that makes sense. I was concerned that you’d be buying the album hoping to get Transmission. When I was at Bangor Uni in 1979 Joy Division played as support to Buzzcocks. Two of my friends were having lunch in the refectory (where the band later played) and were joined at their table by four young Mancunians and starting chatting as one does. It was only when JD hit the stage later that they twigged it was the band. It’s a nice story, and the gig was absolutely fantastic. Everyone was dripping in sweat and afterwards we all went back to our hall still soaking. As you’d expect we all developed dreadful colds. It was worth it though.

2 Likes